1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 12:52
    ... to be worshiped in gratitude?

If this is what theist doctrine would have us believe, isn't it a very parochial conceptualisation of a creator entity.
  2. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 15:39
    @fmf said

If this is what theist doctrine would have us believe, isn't it a very parochial conceptualisation of a creator entity.
    God is worshiped through all life situations, not like you who runs from one to the other. Your like the waves in the ocean going back and fourth.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 15:47
    @mike69 said
    God is worshiped through all life situations, not like you who runs from one to the other. Your like the waves in the ocean going back and fourth.
    OK, thanks.
  4. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 16:01
    @fmf said
    OK, thanks.
    No worries any other questions from interest only😁😁?? ? Means it’s a question, can you go back and answer them from your heart not anger and pain.
  5. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Aug '22 17:24
    @fmf said

It comes with growth and seeing a bigger picture.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    16 Aug '22 00:29
    @fmf said

Extrapolating from my own tiny experience, maybe it could be something more like: "Wow! I made that?"
  7. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 08:042 edits
    @fmf said

A creator entity's primary wish is...to be worshiped in gratitude?

With all due respect, you might consider that since God is absolute wisdom, speculating as to what our creator's primary wish is, is rather nonsensical since we have not the capacity to understand even a fraction of God's knowledge and power.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '22 09:17
    @mchill said
    With all due respect, you might consider that since God is absolute wisdom, speculating as to what our creator's primary wish is, is rather nonsensical since we have not the capacity to understand even a fraction of God's knowledge and power.
    This lazy "argument" simply absolves you from taking any responsibility for the incoherence of the things you believe.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 00:083 edits
    @fmf said

Maybe just "Behold" . . .

Stunting for the tiny stunters.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 14:54
    @fmf said

The theist doctrine that I grew up on is that God wants the advancement of his creatures in ways that further his traits reflected in them, not that he's so worried about being worshipped.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '22 15:09
    @sh76 said
    The theist doctrine that I grew up on is that God wants the advancement of his creatures in ways that further his traits reflected in them, not that he's so worried about being worshipped.
    Interesting comment. A lot would hinge on what our possibly prossaic definitions of "advancement" and "traits" would be. What would these be without the Jesus or Muhammed factors?
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 16:27
    @fmf said
    Interesting comment. A lot would hinge on what our possibly prossaic definitions of "advancement" and "traits" would be. What would these be without the Jesus or Muhammed factors?
    You know, kindness, generosity, forbearance, mercy, etc.

I guess not the ones like jealousy, vengeance, etc. (those are for God only, I guess).
  13. Standard memberPBSandwich
    Howdy! 🀠 πŸ‘‹
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 16:43
    @fmf said

Why not go to the Ten Commandments for the answer, since they were authored by God Himself?

The first four concern what God expects of man in man’s relationship with him:

Thou shalt have no other gods before me;

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy;

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

Of course, the Ten Commandments were pre-Jesus Christ’s earthly ministry.

But Jesus said the two greatest commandments were to love the Lord your God with all your mind, all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength; and to love your neighbor as yourself.

Since no man can do either of these commandments, I believe they reveal the true purpose of the Law:

“Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.”

(Galatians 3:24)

Also reflected in John 6:40:

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

That’s Jesus Christ talking! πŸ‘πŸ‘
  14. Standard memberPBSandwich
    Howdy! 🀠 πŸ‘‹
    Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 16:45
    @pbsandwich said
    Why not go to the Ten Commandments for the answer, since they were authored by God Himself?

The first four concern what God expects of man in man’s relationship with him:

Thou shalt have no other gods before me;

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the w ...[text shortened]... have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.”

That’s Jesus Christ talking! πŸ‘πŸ‘
    The Law was intended to show man his need for a Saviour! What does God want? That man believe on His Son!
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 18:17
    @pbsandwich said
    The Law was intended to show man his need for a Saviour! What does God want? That man believe on His Son!
    I think the law just booted you off the site again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree