1. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Jul '20 23:41
    @medullah said
    This is an abuse of social media.

The purpose of the forum is to discuss philosophical points of debate, not conduct a character assassination.

Jesus’s last directive is to make disciples (Matt 28:19). That kingdom interest is not served in this thread.
    To be entirely fair, the Spirituality Forum has been this way since I have joined it. Chaney3 is being unexceptional.
  2. S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Jul '20 23:44
    @divegeester said
    Possibly Philokalia...?

After all he did state that he thought Romans1009 was one of the best posters at RHP, and that KellyJay was one of the most intelligent.
    😆 How much headspace of yours are you going to give me? 😆

Years on, and you are still talking about a post in which I praised Romans.

One of the reasons that I enjoyed Romans so much was that he tangled up with people whose only forum goals were to make spiritual discussion personal & who made this place ugly.

It was just a matter of enjoying the sight of people being forced to have a taste of their own medicine -- receiving a little bit of the hell that they were imposing on others.

He was a great poster -- tireless shock & awe, day after day. 😆

Of course, we are all adults here, so we can say that, but it should be noted that we ought to be more kind to each other. But hey, "welcome to the internet."
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 00:11
    @philokalia said
    One of the reasons that I enjoyed Romans so much was that he tangled up with people whose only forum goals were to make spiritual discussion personal & who made this place ugly.
    Ghost of a Duke was the poster Romans1009 went after the most often and always with viciousness. You seriously think Ghost of a Duke's only forum goal was to make spiritual discussion ugly?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 00:191 edit
    @philokalia said
    To be entirely fair, the Spirituality Forum has been this way since I have joined it. Chaney3 is being unexceptional.
    You seriously think chaney3's drunken posting has been generally typical of Spirituality Forum contributions by other posters since you joined?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 00:30
    @chaney3 said
    So, you were emotional at the thought of Jesus dying for you.

You said, "I believe it".

You are a Christian, supposedly.

Then......you live your life exactly how YOU see fit, and if you have flaws, you dismiss them as part of human nature.

Wrong!!!!!!

As a "new" person in Christ, you continually change your behavior to match your beliefs.

In this forum, dive ...[text shortened]... s abusive, and cold, showing no real signs of being a Christian.

It is false, and Jesus knows it.
    John 8:7
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 07:27
    @philokalia said
    It is objectively true that the Christian ought to change his life to be reflective of his newfound values.

But it is a bit hypocritical of you if you are doing this in order to shame Dive. You should be more gentle.
    You think I am shamed by this OP by chaney3?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 07:281 edit
    @philokalia said
    This thread is in no way typical of this forum, neither now, last year nor when I joined 12 years ago.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jul '20 07:36
    @philokalia said
    😆 How much headspace of yours are you going to give me? 😆

Years on, and you are still talking about a post in which I praised Romans.

It was just a matter of enjoying the sight of peop ...[text shortened]... it should be noted that we ought to be more kind to each other. But hey, "welcome to the internet."
    Despite your incongruent overuse of the laughy emoji in this post (which incidentally is revealing of your lady-protesting-too-much position here) your claim that Roman1009 who repeatedly posted overtly child sexual innuendos is a “great poster” is based on the enemy-of-my-enemy forum fallacy and a doubled-down position from which you now cannot escape with any integrity.

It is this little dynamic which makes the reruns so interesting.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 04:35

Removed by poster

10. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 04:363 edits
    @chaney3 said
    So, you were emotional at the thought of Jesus dying for you.

You said, "I believe it".

You are a Christian, supposedly.

Then......you live your life exactly how YOU see fit, and if you have flaws, you dismiss them as part of human nature.

Wrong!!!!!!

As a "new" person in Christ, you continually change your behavior to match your beliefs.

In this forum, dive ...[text shortened]... s abusive, and cold, showing no real signs of being a Christian.

It is false, and Jesus knows it.
    @chaney3
    I'd be careful here. None of us, including you, will ever be a perfect Christian; and, we ALL will have sin in us until the day we die.
    Was Noah not close to God even after he got drunk and passed out naked? This was after God saved him from the flood.
    King David killed and even murdered others after God made him ruler of all Israel. He got drunk, committed adultery, etc, etc, And after all this, God said David was a man after His Own Heart.
    I could go on and on with almost every saint mentioned in the Bible. Again, I would be careful here. You sound like you're judging in the way that Jesus told us not to judge other followers of Him.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 04:49
    @kingdavid403 said
    @chaney3
    I'd be careful here. None of us, including you, will ever be a perfect Christian; and, we ALL will have sin in us until the day we die.
    Was Noah not close to God even after he got drunk and passed out naked? This was after God saved him from the flood.
    King David killed and even murdered others after God made him ruler of all Israel. He got drunk, committ ...[text shortened]... re. You sound like you're judging in the way that Jesus told us not to judge other followers of Him.
    Yeah, but they didn't have internet back then.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    06 Jul '20 05:03
    @caesar-salad said
    Yeah, but they didn't have internet back then.
    We don't know how advanced civilization was before God destroyed everyone in the flood of Noah. After that, it's clear that we did not become advanced enough to have internet until fairly recently. They are coming up with some interesting scientific finds that show that that civilization was fairly advanced. Such as, the Ark of Noah had some titanium metals used in it's construction. Check out my video in my Noah's Ark thread and watch the video.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 07:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Reading your Bible, who do you think would carry greater favor with Jesus?

1. Someone who says they are a great Christian
    2. Someone who says they are a poor Christian
    3. Someone who shows intolerance of their neighbours due to the colour of their skin.
    @chaney3 said, "Ghost, dive has already admitted he is a bad Christian. It's likely though that Jesus has rejected him, because dive is an awful person."

My defense of Dive to the above is in no way to be seen as an example of an actual defense of Dive, which apparently I have never tendered. Can we instead just view this and the hundreds of other examples out there as a mass hallucination, caused perhaps by an overconsumption of cheese?

So when Dive is accused of being a weak or poor Christian and I instead proffer his humility as a Christian virtue, can we just collectively agree this is not me defending Dive in any fashion, but again is attributable to an excess of gorgonzola?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 07:55
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @chaney3 said, "Ghost, dive has already admitted he is a bad Christian. It's likely though that Jesus has rejected him, because dive is an awful person."
    So, you posted in this way even when divegeester was also posting?
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 07:551 edit
    @chaney3 said
    Back to the OP.

You cannot claim to be Christian, then live a "whatever" life.
    You can not claim to be a christian when you're a racist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree