1. Here
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 10:09
    @very-rusty said
    We've both been on this site for 13 years padger. You even have 5 months more on here than me. You All Games Played 9645.

I've played a little over 12,000 games. At the end of the 13 years I've played a few more thousand games than you have. Try to keep up with me!!!! 😛 😉

I am also Offically retired so have more time on my hands now. I've actually been semi-r ...[text shortened]... playing on 2 other sites. I keep my count low here because my Clan games are important to me.

-VR
    You have got to have the last word haven't you
    I retired in 2007 ,went back to work and retired again 2010
    However I was an avid golf enthusiast so that took up most of my spare time
    I haven't been too well the last couple of years and Arthritis has stopped the golf now perhaps I can catch you up on total games played
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 15:09
    @padger
    I don't actually know why it's not possible to book a days vacation on the actual day but I suspect it's something to do with time zones.It's already Dec 4th in New Zealand so if someone there were to try to book a vaction at this very moment they would actually be booking it on Dec 3rd GMT which is what the site uses for it's clock.
    Using the same logic , you could then book a vacation today for last July which would be a nonsense.
    I don't know,or care what the other sites do as I only use this one
  3. Here
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 15:20
    @venda said
    @padger
    I don't actually know why it's not possible to book a days vacation on the actual day but I suspect it's something to do with time zones.It's already Dec 4th in New Zealand so if someone there were to try to book a vaction at this very moment they would actually be booking it on Dec 3rd GMT which is what the site uses for it's clock.
    Using the same logic , you could ...[text shortened]... July which would be a nonsense.
    I don't know,or care what the other sites do as I only use this one
    what has this got to do with the price of bread ?
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 15:23
    @padger said
    what has this got to do with the price of bread ?
    You asked why it's not possible to book a day's vacation on the same day.
    I said I suspect it's to do with time zones.
    End of discussion
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Dec '19 17:30
    @venda said
    End of discussion
    Very good point, I hadn't thought to bring that up.

-VR
  6. Here
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 09:39
    @venda said
    End of discussion
    So why is it possible on other sites to book a day off on the day who also are world wide ?
    Why also is it possible on that site that they can stop the clock for both players ?
    Why can't we have this ?
    So discussion not ended
  7. Here
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 09:41
    @very-rusty said
    Very good point, I hadn't thought to bring that up.

-VR
    You see !
    You have to have the last word
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 13:21
    @padger said
    You see !
    You have to have the last word
    It doesn't matter anyways padger as you don't get it...Have you stopped to think perhaps the other site may not be doing it correctly?

-VR
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 13:51
    I could be wrong, but I believe it was once explained that vacation days are scheduled to start at the beginning of the day, GMT.
    If that is the case you cannot start a vacation today, because today is already in progress.
    The earliest day that you could schedule a vacation to start would therefore be tomorrow, since it has not yet started.

If that doesn't make sense, you could always send a feedback for a better explanation. 🙂
  10. Here
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 20:36
    @very-rusty said
    It doesn't matter anyways padger as you don't get it...Have you stopped to think perhaps the other site may not be doing it correctly?

-VR
    Again you have to have the last word
    What if the other site are doing it right ?
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 Dec '19 15:101 edit
    @padger said
    What if the other site are doing it right ?
    Did you miss mwmiller post?

He said: I could be wrong, but I believe it was once explained that vacation days are scheduled to start at the beginning of the day, GMT.
    If that is the case you cannot start a vacation today, because today is already in progress.
    The earliest day that you could schedule a vacation to start would therefore be tomorrow, since it has not yet started.

If that doesn't make sense, you could always send a feedback for a better explanation. 🙂

-VR
  12. Here
    Moves
    06 Dec '19 07:03
    @very-rusty said
    Did you miss mwmiller post?

He said: I could be wrong, but I believe it was once explained that vacation days are scheduled to start at the beginning of the day, GMT.
    The earliest day that you could schedule a vacation to start would therefore be tomorrow, since it has not yet ...[text shortened]... .

-VR
    On the other site I was able to book a vacation on the same day as this site was not allowing me to
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 16:36
    @padger said
    On the other site I was able to book a vacation on the same day as this site was not allowing me to
    Again read mwmiller post...it may eventually sink in as to why, as he said if you aren't happy with the explanation he gave which I think is the correct one....then send feedback!!!

-VR
  14. Here
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 21:02
    @very-rusty said
    Again read mwmiller post...it may eventually sink in as to why, as he said if you aren't happy with the explanation he gave which I think is the correct one....then send feedback!!!

-VR
    That doesn't explain why I can't book today to start a vacation
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 01:30
    @padger said
    That doesn't explain why I can't book today to start a vacation
    How long can you maintain this pathetic whining over something so trivial?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree