1. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    19 Dec '20 09:19
    To each his own but when I decide on a move, I play the move and hit the submit move button immediately because I treat it like a real game situation instead of making the move and looking at it further before I hit submit.

Because I do this I have to scroll up to see the submit move button and sometimes my touch screen will make a different move and since I hit submit move so fast their is a risk of making a move I didn't actually want to play.

Luckily the few times this happened it ended up being an illegal move so no harm done.

Of course I could slow down a bit but my question is this a website issue or a touchscreen issue?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 01:13
    @cheesemaster said
    To each his own but when I decide on a move, I play the move and hit the submit move button immediately because I treat it like a real game situation instead of making the move and looking at it further before I hit submit.

Because I do this I have to scroll up to see the submit move button and sometimes my touch screen will make a different move and since I hit submi ...[text shortened]...

Of course I could slow down a bit but my question is this a website issue or a touchscreen issue?
    This has happened to me twice. My green submit button doesn't appear with the chessboard, I must scroll up to see it, and if I'm not extremely careful, I may accidentally lightly touch another piece while scrolling and that's the move I get.

It likely cost me one game.
  3. Joined
    22 Sep '20
    Moves
    21 Dec '20 03:16
    My screen does that too.
    I have to scroll up to see the submit button.
    I might get a bigger phone 🤔
  4. Joined
    16 Apr '20
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 20:32
    @Cheesemaster
    I've had the same problem and it has cost me games. This probably happens to me once every two weeks or so. RHP could change the submit button so it's not necessary to touch the board to scroll down to submit.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 14:06
    @maxstirnersghost2 said
    @Cheesemaster
    I've had the same problem and it has cost me games. This probably happens to me once every two weeks or so. RHP could change the submit button so it's not necessary to touch the board to scroll down to submit.
    Do you have any direct idea how to do that (I think probablity is higher if something tangible is asked or than for a "something has to be done" suggestion
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 06:42
    @ponderable said
    Do you have any direct idea how to do that (I think probablity is higher if something tangible is asked or than for a "something has to be done" suggestion
    I'm not sure what they're talking about here, because on my mobile screen, the submit button is on a non-moving piece at the bottom of the screen. If I were to scroll down, the button does not move, it stays at the bottom.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 23:26
    @suzianne said
    I'm not sure what they're talking about here, because on my mobile screen, the submit button is on a non-moving piece at the bottom of the screen. If I were to scroll down, the button does not move, it stays at the bottom.
    On my phone, when I click on "my move" to enter a game, it brings me to the game, but ONLY the chessboard is visible. In order to get to see the "submit move" icon I must scroll down, and in order to scroll down I must use the chessboard, which moves active pieces. While I am scrolling it will move a piece if I'm not extremely careful.
  8. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 01:511 edit
    @chaney3
    What kind of phone are you using? Are you able to adjust your settings to adjust the board size?

The reason I ask is that I have an iphone 6s and when I use it to make moves my board is visible and the submit move button is just below the board, but they are all visible at the same time without the need to scroll.

<edit> I noticed that when I go into 'settings' on my iphone, I can select various piece sets and board styles, but do not see an option to select the board size. I already had selected the 'small' board size when using my pc so had not tried to change any settings from the iphone app. Would that have anything to do with what you are experiencing?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 02:51
    @mwmiller said
    @chaney3
    What kind of phone are you using? Are you able to adjust your settings to adjust the board size?

The reason I ask is that I have an iphone 6s and when I use it to make moves my board is visible and the submit move button is just below the board, but they are all visible at the same time without the need to scroll.

<edit> I noticed that when I go into 'settin ...[text shortened]... ge any settings from the iphone app. Would that have anything to do with what you are experiencing?
    It's now occurring to me that being a non subscriber may have something to do with this problem... because.... there's a 1 inch portion above the chessboard dedicated to advertising which subscribers don't have. This is why I can't see the submit move icon along with the chessboard and need to scroll down.

If I carefully scroll BEFORE I move, then I am usually okay. It's when I have moved a piece then try to scroll down when I get into trouble because I accidentally lightly touch a different piece while scrolling and that is the move that's made, which has cost me a game, and unwanted trouble in other games.
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 12:57
    @chaney3
    Not being a subscriber may be it then. Do you also use a PC to play on RHP?

If you do, check your board settings while on the PC and see if that makes any difference. Other than that, I don't have any useful ideas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree