1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '20 18:49
    I think it would be nice if we could see who is giving the thumbs up or down. It should not be difficult to give the names, I know fb does it.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Dec '20 20:301 edit
    @eladar said
    I think it would be nice if we could see who is giving the thumbs up or down. It should not be difficult to give the names, I know fb does it.
    This has been suggested by other snowflakes, furious that they cannot reach out to attack people who disagree with them, but Management has, every single time this has been suggested, decided not to do this, deciding instead to allow Free Speech.

Maybe you'd get your way in Stalinist Russia, or Trumpist America, but not at RHP.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '20 20:43
    @suzianne said
    This has been suggested by other snowflakes, furious that they cannot reach out to attack people who disagree with them, but Management has, every single time this has been suggested, decided not to do this, deciding instead to allow Free Speech.

Maybe you'd get your way in Stalinist Russia, or Trumpist America, but not at RHP.
    What? Why is honesty something that should be avoided? Only evil people fear the light.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    30 Dec '20 23:26
    Notice I am not saying take away your right to thumb a person up or down. I am just saying let everyone see who is doing it.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 00:39
    @eladar said
    Will note that I don't really care either way but you can't compare it to fb as there you can control who sees what you post.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:13
    @trev33 said
    Will note that I don't really care either way but you can't compare it to fb as there you can control who sees what you post.
    I am just saying the ability to show who is thumbing up or down is old programming. It should be easy enough to do.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:19
    @eladar said
    I thumb down everyone
    that's what I do
    article one section two
    the misanthropic code of conduct
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:21
    @lemondrop said
    I thumb down everyone
    that's what I do
    article one section two
    the misanthropic code of conduct
    Who said you should not?
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:24
    @eladar said
    Who said you should not?
    I'm revealing my identity just for you
    thumb down for you
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:35
    @lemondrop said
    I'm revealing my identity just for you
    thumb down for you
    Thumb up for you, did it accidentally while scrolling and can't take it back. There's an idea.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:40
    @eladar said
    I am just saying the ability to show who is thumbing up or down is old programming. It should be easy enough to do.
    Im sure Russ will appreciate his programming abilities being compared to Facebook's.

Like Suzi said it has been suggested before and hasn't happened so probably never will. Maybe create a poll?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 01:44
    I guess Russ likes his pet trolls.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 10:092 edits
    @eladar said
    What? Why is honesty something that should be avoided? Only evil people fear the light.
    It's not "honesty" you're looking for. What you're looking for is the ability to attack those who disagree with you.

I bet you think that Donald Trump should be able to see a list of everyone who voted against him. Even you can see where that would lead to.

Maybe good people would fear evil retribution.

Here's a suggestion: If you don't like the thumbs, then ignore them.
  14. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 10:09
    @trev33 said
    Im sure Russ will appreciate his programming abilities being compared to Facebook's.

Like Suzi said it has been suggested before and hasn't happened so probably never will. Maybe create a poll?
    There has been a poll on this a few years bakc.

When I tried to find it I saw that Polls vanished from the "Community" tab...
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '20 10:16
    @eladar said
    That's a good argument that not everything that can be done should be done.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree