1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 06:05
    I would like to raise the suggestion of subscribers being able to start “thread blogs” in the public forums.

The need is for the occasional thread to be an updatable info-blog on a topic such as the popular “RHP Prose Competition” where it is beneficial for contributions to be limited to, rules, stories, voting updates and results.

This type of thread benefits from being “read only”, no commenting, no thumbing. Alerting should probably remain.

As a secondary need, it is also worth considering some posters who prefer to more or less blog on their favourite topic and get upset when someone interrupts them with a comment.

I don’t see a risk with this idea.

Thoughts ?
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 06:53
    @divegeester

Seconded. @HikaruShindo, for example, had a chess blog. This could be a good solution for the annual Prose Event.
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 07:19
    @divegeester said
    I would like to raise the suggestion of subscribers being able to start “thread blogs” in the public forums.

The need is for the occasional thread to be an updatable info-blog on a topic such as the popular “RHP Prose Competition” where it is beneficial for contributions to be limited to, rules, stories, voting updates and results.

This type of thread benefits fro ...[text shortened]... t when someone interrupts them with a comment.

I don’t see a risk with this idea.

Thoughts ?
    Excellent idea. Not sure about people blogging uninterrupted about political, religious and conspiracy themes though. It would need such a tight definition as to what it could be used for, that perhaps it should only be available after applying to RHP regarding your proposed usage and removed as soon as it strays from your proposal.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 08:05
    @relentless-red said
    Excellent idea. Not sure about people blogging uninterrupted about political, religious and conspiracy themes though. It would need such a tight definition as to what it could be used for, that perhaps it should only be available after applying to RHP regarding your proposed usage and removed as soon as it strays from your proposal.
    The alert function should definitely remain.

Rather than “applying” which would be onerous and open to all sorts of contention, I would suggest a strict set of rules and some guidelines. As only one person would be posting but any post could be alerted I don’t foresee a huge problem with authors posting hate or controversial threads.

The facility could be set up for all subscribers and contravention of rules could mean a withdrawal of the privilege.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree