1. The World
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 19:57
    It is known that there are people who troll online forums, and while I am all for freedom of expression if individuals are purely acting in a way to disrupt a thread then could it be possible for the thread creator to put a ban on specific individuals who are acting contrary to the threads intention?

All bans should be considered carefully, and perhaps a maximum number per thread, or for each one to be reviewed by a moderator so it isn't abused.

Just a thought, because there are some threads that are utterly ruined by people acting without consideration.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Mar '21 20:541 edit
    @paul-a-roberts said
    It is known that there are people who troll online forums, and while I am all for freedom of expression if individuals are purely acting in a way to disrupt a thread then could it be possible for the thread creator to put a ban on specific individuals who are acting contrary to the threads intention?

All bans should be considered carefully, and perhaps a maximum num ...[text shortened]... ught, because there are some threads that are utterly ruined by people acting without consideration.
    I think you have good intentions, but believe knowing this bunch for years now it would not go well. Also Moderators don't get paid and it would be taking up more of their time to review each one. I believe they have enough on their plates without this being added, of course I can't speak for the Moderators.

If you haven't noticed there are many bias's on this site and this could be misused.
    There are a number of us including myself who post many times in the same thread. I think if a stop was put to this, after a short time you'd only see a select few posting in the forums. We don't have half as many as we had not that long ago, and I think it would cut it down even more.

I believe the Moderators do a good job as things are. I also have posts removed as do others who post a lot but it is not because we post a lot but what we said that is considered not proper. Too much control will Kill the forums for sure. I speak from experience and being on other chess sites. I believe we have it about as good as it is going to be now.

I'd love to see one man Clans gone myself! 😉 How can one person be called a clan?

-VR
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 17:04
    @very-rusty said
    I think you have good intentions, but believe knowing this bunch for years now it would not go well. Also Moderators don't get paid and it would be taking up more of their time to review each one. I believe they have enough on their plates without this being added, of course I can't speak for the Moderators.

If you haven't noticed there are many bias's on this site and ...[text shortened]... now.

I'd love to see one man Clans gone myself! 😉 How can one person be called a clan?

-VR
    I think what Paul is saying is that whatever thread one looks at(I don't look at them all so perhaps I am speaking inaccurately) the subject is lost because your good self and Lemondrop in particular,sooner of later,join in the conversation and turn the thread into a posting competition between the pair of you often with no relevance to the original subject.
    I'm sure you can appreciate that this can become somewhat annoying for others.You are entitled of course to say whatever you wish (within reason) wherever you wish to post, but maybe you ought to consider others when embarking on your endless ribbing of each other and stick to one thread so the rest of us could ignore it and just let you get on with it.
    Please don't take these comments too personally.I know you are entitled to have your fun
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 18:13
    @venda said
    I think what Paul is saying is that whatever thread one looks at(I don't look at them all so perhaps I am speaking inaccurately) the subject is lost because your good self and Lemondrop in particular,sooner of later,join in the conversation and turn the thread into a posting competition between the pair of you often with no relevance to the original subject.
    I'm sure you can a ...[text shortened]... n with it.
    Please don't take these comments too personally.I know you are entitled to have your fun
    So what you are saying is Lemon and I go in and take over a thread?

Something I hadn't considered, but you could be correct on that.

I been bantering on here for so long now, that it really makes no difference to me.

Perhaps I should give it more thought in the future venda. Always should look at things from the other point of view.

-VR
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 19:26
    @very-rusty said

I been bantering on here for so long now, that it really makes no difference to me.

Perhaps I should give it more thought in the future venda. Always should look at things from the other point of view.

-VR
    Thanks for that.
    I've always thought you were a reasonable sort, able to look at things from other angles.
    Let's see if the thread instigator has anything to say,otherwise consider the debate over.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 19:321 edit
    @venda said
    Thanks for that.
    I've always thought you were a reasonable sort, able to look at things from other angles.
    Let's see if the thread instigator has anything to say,otherwise consider the debate over.
    I said it certainly is something to think about and look at.

This would be added work for the Moderators and as you know they now do what they do for free. Is that putting a little too much on their plate?

I don't know who you consider the thread instigator, or what would make you think the debate is over?

By the way, I quit taking things personally a long time ago. Just don't like bantering sessions with my clanmates as it causes turmoil within the Clan.

-VR
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 20:04
    @very-rusty said
    I said it certainly is something to think about and look at.

This would be added work for the Moderators and as you know they now do what they do for free. Is that putting a little too much on their plate?

I don't know who you consider the thread instigator, or what would make you think the debate is over?

By the way, I quit taking things personally a long time ago. Just don't like bantering sessions with my clanmates as it causes turmoil within the Clan.

-VR
    The instigator is Paul A Roberts who started the thread.
    It's his "site idea" not mine.
    I was just trying to clarify his point
    If he has nothing more to say on the matter,then as far as I am concerned,neither have I so from my perspective the debate is over.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 20:09
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    You haven't considered it? Are you serious?

I've told you time and again that your forum behavior is precisely why I take you to task as I do, and I've never been shy in telling you that.

I just thought you were selfish and just didn't give a damn whom you irritate with your behavior.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    23 Mar '21 20:381 edit
    @suzianne said
    You haven't considered it? Are you serious?

I've told you time and again that your forum behavior is precisely why I take you to task as I do, and I've never been shy in telling you that.

I just thought you were selfish and just didn't give a damn whom you irritate with your behavior.
    Suzie Q,
    I think part of the issue here is that people like yourself as an example take things far to seriously, sometimes out of context.

Besides you know I don't pay no attention to what you say because you are always rattling on about something.

venda as a rule has something positive to say and does it in a way that he isn't attacking anyone. That is the difference! I don't always agree or disagree but do listen to what he says. There are a few on here like that. shortcircuit would also be another example of someone I would listen to as he doesn't say a lot, but when he has something to say, it is always worth listening to, of course I am bias as he was my Clan Leader. We haven't always agreed either, but he does listen.

-VR
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 18:461 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Suzie Q,
    I think part of the issue here is that people like yourself as an example take things far to seriously, sometimes out of context.

Besides you know I don't pay no attention to what you say because you are always rattling on about something.

venda as a rule has something positive to say and does it in a way that he isn't attacking anyone. That is ...[text shortened]... urse I am bias as he was my Clan Leader. We haven't always agreed either, but he does listen.

-VR
    Rusty, I'm not a turd polisher, nor a politician.

I think truth over-rules nicety, especially when you use nicety to cover falsity. Or misogyny.

I myself don't listen to people who take a paragraph to say "Piss off."

Now before you take up another paragraph, I'm not going to take up any more space in Paul's thread. Perhaps, for once, you can do the same.
  11. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 19:03
    @paul-a-roberts said

All bans should be considered carefully, and perhaps a maximum num ...[text shortened]... ught, because there are some threads that are utterly ruined by people acting without consideration.
    If it were a pub there would be some conversations going on at the bar and some going on round the tables. Here it's like they are either at the bar or in a private club. Not sure how you get the equivalent of taking it to a table where anybody could get invited to join you, but they wouldn't tend to barge in uninvited or take over the conversation. Maybe if the conversation was at a table you get one post about it at the bar and see if you get invited to the table. If the people whose table it is don't want you there you get sent back to the bar thread where you can post away to your hearts content???
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 20:16
    @suzianne said
    Rusty, I'm not a turd polisher, nor a politician.

I think truth over-rules nicety, especially when you use nicety to cover falsity. Or misogyny.

I myself don't listen to people who take a paragraph to say "Piss off."

Now before you take up another paragraph, I'm not going to take up any more space in Paul's thread. Perhaps, for once, you can do the same.
    What and let you get the last word in with your insults at me? 😛 🙂

Ok then just Piss off, I guess if you can say it so can I right? 😉 😛

-VR
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 20:19
    @relentless-red said
    If it were a pub there would be some conversations going on at the bar and some going on round the tables. Here it's like they are either at the bar or in a private club. Not sure how you get the equivalent of taking it to a table where anybody could get invited to join you, but they wouldn't tend to barge in uninvited or take over the conversation. Maybe if the conver ...[text shortened]... want you there you get sent back to the bar thread where you can post away to your hearts content???
    Well I been to a lot of bars back in the old days and rarely to one where a brawl didn't break out, but then I was in a rough neighborhood which might explain it. Everyone grew up fighting from the age of 5 or 6 what ever year you started school. I don't think they allow fighting in schools anymore, as was sort of let go if you will back in those days.

-VR
  14. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    24 Mar '21 20:34
    @very-rusty said
    Well I been to a lot of bars back in the old days and rarely to one where a brawl didn't break out, but then I was in a rough neighborhood which might explain it. Everyone grew up fighting from the age of 5 or 6 what ever year you started school. I don't think they allow fighting in schools anymore, as was sort of let go if you will back in those days.

-VR
    I think all kids have to fight at some time or other, but what's the link to the concept of taking a conversation to a private table? That goes on in bars in all neighbourhoods I would think?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    26 Mar '21 21:153 edits
    @relentless-red said
    I think all kids have to fight at some time or other, but what's the link to the concept of taking a conversation to a private table? That goes on in bars in all neighbourhoods I would think?
    LOL....Have you told a drunk lets take this conversation to a private table? My best guess would be NO! It just isn't going to go down that way.

Yes, all kids fight but fought since starting school. I took up boxing at around 14 and was beating kids who had beat me at 14 by the time I was 15-16. Bad thing about that is one gains a reputation and certain ones want to fight you, or others are afraid of you. It get old pretty quick. I have 4 brothers younger than me and the youngest one said he never had to fight in school because of us. I guess that is one good thing about it! 😉

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree