1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 11:29
    @divegeester said
    “Reply” isn’t a reply it’s just a post, the respondees name is not included. This was the same in the previous version, could “reply” please include the name of the person you are replying to please?
    Scratch this one.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 11:341 edit
    @Russ

The algorithm presumably generates a result in html format #rrggbb, from which one could subtract, for example, the neutral value #dfdfdf to obtain a slightly less intense color. Right?

EDIT: I have taken screenshots of Zdogg's avatar in both redhotpawn.com and dailychess.com; Photoshop indicates identical color values.

Change noted: 'reply' auto-inserts name of interlocutor, but not content.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 16:19
    @zdogg said
    Most importantly, on my iPhone 6, on the Analyze Board screen, I cannot see the Move buttons and the board at the same time.
    This has now been fixed, and works as it did before.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Oct '18 16:272 edits
    @the-postman said
    The graphics were very crisp before and it seems a little muddy.

Another small gripe would be that before all the relevant profile information would be on the one page.
    The graphics should not be muddy as we have moved away from bitmaps for the very reason that they were muddy when scaled. The current "vector" graphics should stay razor sharp at all resolutions. (Perhaps not lower screen resolutions on an old device?) If possible, can you send a screen grab? PM me and I'll pass on an email address?

Clicking an "avatar' icon will take you right to the full profile, as before. The text links pop up the player summary so you don't need to leave your current page.
  5. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    13 Oct '18 14:06
    Profile pics are busted, where pictures that were fully viewable before on your profile are now barely viewable at all.

I don't like that the only solution for me is to go and find a different picture for my profile,
    one that fits the very limiting nature of the "header".

Guess I better look for a new pic *grumble grumble* 😠
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '18 15:591 edit
    Not a fan of the new layout of our profiles. The pictures the way we use to have
    them were better, now why bother with anything other than our avatar? The rest
    took a little getting used too, no complaints there.
    πŸ˜‰
    I mean seriously we got emoji what more could we ask for?
  7. Sydney
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 02:06
    @Russ
    Why does it make the "just moved" sound when in fact there have been no new moves. Annoying. The game's number changing from (say) 23 to 22+ is misleading and annoying also.
    I'm not a fan of the new look. I find it's harder to read overall. Change for change sake it seems.
    Great site overall though
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 10:27
    @the-postman said
    @Russ
    Why does it make the "just moved" sound when in fact there have been no new moves. Annoying. The game's number changing from (say) 23 to 22+ is misleading and annoying also.
    I'm not a fan of the new look. I find it's harder to read overall. Change for change sake it seems.
    Yes, I am also experiencing that out of sync notification noise.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 17:44
    @the-postman said
    @Russ
    I've noticed as well.
    I wonder if there are other events besides opponent moves are triggering this ping.

I am thinking a reply to one of my posts in the forum may be the culprit.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 18:14
    This will be investigated within 24 hours.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Oct '18 19:01
    @russ said
    This will be investigated within 24 hours.
    Thanks. In the meantime, I will pretend that ping is merely the site telling me how much it loves me.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    19 Oct '18 20:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Thanks. In the meantime, I will pretend that ping is merely the site telling me how much it loves me.
    In your mind everyone loves you! πŸ˜‰

-VR
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '18 13:03
    @the-postman said
    @Russ
    The phantom alarm bell when no new game activity has taken place has now been fixed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree