Moves
    04 Oct '18 00:25
    Boy does it ever suck
  2. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 01:53
    I SEE EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE; THIS IS A MASSIVE MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT OVER THE "OLD" SITE, IN A MILLION DIFFERENT WAYS!

VERY WELL DONE!!! 😀 😍 😉
  3. Standard memberPK
    surf bum
    in the tube
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 04:01
    Fine by me...
  4. Denver
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 05:01
    I feel like I'm playing chess at McDonalds. 😵
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 05:50
    I don't like round avatars. No space savings overall, yet the avatar is smaller. What's the point? To mimic Chrome's latest look?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 08:51
    @my2sons said
    Boy does it ever suck
    I don't entirely agree - I have no problem with the new buttons, and the board seems just a little quicker.
    However, I would not be unhappy with a "compact" mode, especially in the forums. Right now, each post's header uses an unconscionable amount of dead space.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 09:121 edit
    @bassman57 said
    I feel like I'm playing chess at McDonalds. 😵
    Cutting! 🙂 . You may have noticed that over the years the reds used on the site have become darker...partly to avoid this.

As part of the update, I did introduce a new 'brand' - more on that at a later date - but you can use it now with a provisional design if you are not keen on red.

Daily Chess

Keep in mind some colors and some graphics may change.
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 09:25
    I like it.

My only reservation is probably related more to my tablet. But, the Analyze board is a bit smaller. When it was larger than the main board, I used it to aid diminishing vision.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the changes. Keep up the great work!
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 10:26
    I have a few niggles, but don't really mind the changes.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 10:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I have a few niggles, but don't really mind the changes.
    Do post your niggles though - now is the time to get things fixed if you are unhappy.
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 11:33
    @russ said
    Cutting! 🙂 . You may have noticed that over the years the reds used on the site have become darker...partly to avoid this.

As part of the update, I did introduce a new 'brand' - more on that at a later date - but you can use it now with a provisional design if you are not keen on red.

[=https://www.dailychess.com]Daily Chess[/]

Keep in mind some colors and some graphics may change.
    Can i change tge background colour in the club i run.?
    So much green its lije playing in a field.
  12. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 12:21
    @russ said
    Do post your niggles though - now is the time to get things fixed if you are unhappy.
    Very minor probably, but on the game page, the 'go to next waiting game' arrow icon could stand to be larger. It almost looks like it doesn't belong there as it currently is.

There is plenty of open space in that area, and it would look more prominent and right if it was the same height as the 'submit move' button! Maybe it's color should turn green at the same moment when the 'submit move' button is clicked, sort of like a traffic light!

(This is as seen on a laptop.)
  13. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 12:32
    The Analysis Board (I believe) used to pop up in a separate window on my desktop computer, now it replaces the main window. That means I can now longer arrange the two windows to see both the Analysis Board and my personal notes window at the same time. (I can't see anything else on the main window at the same time as the analysis board either, but personal notes is perhaps the main concern.)
  14. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 12:46
    My only observation that I consider detrimental is with the games waiting info.Before,when the plus sign appeared at the side of the games waiting it told me that there had been a recent move in one of my waiting games.As I like to play live(ish) I could then go back to my inbox and move in that game ignoring the game I was looking at in analysis mode.This doesn't happen now.For example it's just changed whilst I am typing this from 13 to 12+ while neither I or an opponent has moved.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Oct '18 14:55
    @russ said
    My niggles are mostly cosmetic.

For example, I don't mind the circular avatars but don't really like the plain colored circles (with initials) for those without an avatar. (Preferred the previous silhouettes).

Also not keen on the use of yellow/orange to highlight 'edits' or the thin strip of color on the post one is responding to.

But like I say, only niggles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree