1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 11:04
    Individual tournaments work well. Put your name down and as soon as they have enough it begins - great.

So why not a team tournament feature. Put your team of four names in, soon as four or eight teams have been added it begins automatically.

Ratings limited team tournaments could use average tournament entry rating for the team. So stronger players must pick weaker to enter a team.

Currently you join a clan, get your name in a team for next season, 12 months later you probably haven't moved a piece. Clan challenges are full of accusations and history with clan leaders struggling to agree them, some won't play each other due to history.

Why not have a quick way to start a team tournament. Get people mixing and matching on a social site.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 11:13
    @relentless-red said
    Individual tournaments work well. Put your name down and as soon as they have enough it begins - great.

So why not a team tournament feature. Put your team of four names in, soon as four or eight teams have been added it begins automatically.

Ratings limited team tournaments could use average tournament entry rating for the team. So stronger players must pick we ...[text shortened]... hy not have a quick way to start a team tournament. Get people mixing and matching on a social site.
    There is a clan league which is dying due to lack of teams…

You suggest to form teams independently from other means of Organisation (clubs and clans)?
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 11:413 edits
    @ponderable said

You suggest to form teams independently from other means of Organisation (clubs and clans)?
    The beauty of it would be you can quickly form a team how ever you like. If you are new just post in the Tournaments Forum or GF does anybody want to join me for a team tournament so meet people. If you are old hand do it with people you PM, people you know from clubs, people from your clan or whoever. Maybe some will bring new people to the site to join them.

I am actually in a clan team that has been entered in a clan league. 12 months a subscriber and I haven't moved a piece.

But let's focus on the positive. Team games are fun and social. The site would have an extra and attractive feature which I would guess is a pretty smallish tweak to the existing tournament software (says he knowing nothing about it!)

I used to play tennis. You commit to your doubles partnership or your league team, but the personnel change frequently between tournaments and that is social.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 12:08
    @Relentless-Red

A doubles system would be a good way to explore this initially, which could be expanded if successful.
  5. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 14:44
    @russ said
    @Relentless-Red

A doubles system would be a good way to explore this initially, which could be expanded if successful.
    Sounds good.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Feb '21 10:58
    @ponderable said

Red's idea could be used to fill the time between League seasons.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree