1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 11:16
    Not a major thing but at the moment in a normal thread with no removed post with 16 posts the 16th post creates a second page and when you click on the date it jumps to the second page but if a couple of posts posts were removed by the poster it would show that there's 14 posts and 2 pages with clicking on the date jumping to page 1 instead of the last post on page 2.

So even though the post has been removed is there a way to keep it on the list of number of posts?
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    17 Nov '18 11:35
    @trev33 said
    Not a major thing but at the moment in a normal thread with no removed post with 16 posts the 16th post creates a second page and when you click on the date it jumps to the second page but if a couple of posts posts were removed by the poster it would show that there's 14 posts and 2 pages with clicking on the date jumping to page 1 instead of the last post on page 2.

So even though the post has been removed is there a way to keep it on the list of number of posts?
    The ability to remove posts has to be the worst idea ever.
    A penalty of say a 7 day forum ban should be issued to those ashamed of what they write..
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 13:28
    @roma45 said
    The ability to remove posts has to be the worst idea ever.
    A penalty of say a 7 day forum ban should be issued to those ashamed of what they write..
    I don't know that is is a bad idea actually. Someone could type something while under the influence and regret what they said in the morning, this way they can remove it perhaps before a lot of people have seen it.

-VR
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 20:11
    @very-rusty said
    I don't know that is is a bad idea actually. Someone could type something while under the influence and regret what they said in the morning, this way they can remove it perhaps before a lot of people have seen it.

-VR
    On the flip side, it might give some the idea of putting something out there that is in really bad taste.
    And knowing that they can remove it without penalty.

However, my thinking is that site administration can still see the contents of the post after it has been "removed".
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 22:211 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    On the flip side, it might give some the idea of putting something out there that is in really bad taste.
    And knowing that they can remove it without penalty.

However, my thinking is that site administration can still see the contents of the post after it has been "removed".
    I am almost certain they could as they see all....How else would they be able to settle disputes. I could say something about someone which was against the TOS and then remove it. They would have to be able to see the proof that I said it to impose a penalty on me, so I would say they can still see it for sure. Another scenerio is someone could say I said something which I didn't. We all know I've rubbed some people the wrong way. 😉

-VR
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 14:14
    @very-rusty said
    As the doctor said when his patient complained that his finger hurt when he bit it...
    Well, Don't Do That, Then!
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 14:54
    @shallow-blue said
    As the doctor said when his patient complained that his finger hurt when he bit it...
    Well, Don't Do That, Then!
    Not quite what was meant!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree