1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Feb '20 06:471 edit
    It used to be that when replying to a PM, you could change the PM's subject line to better reflect what you are writing about.

But not anymore. The last half dozen PMs I've sent, I tried to change the subject line, but when sent, the changes are ignored and the same subject line goes in your reply. Why all the reluctance to allow users here the ability to edit the subject line on PMs and the original posts in the forums? Sometimes I want to answer many forum posts in one and add part of other posts to the original post, so that I can answer the points in one post. I take care to accurately copy the parts of the other posts so that they can be presented properly.

Why must I pay in reduced functionality because of others who seek to misrepresent others?

First, the search feature is hobbled and now we can't present our forum posts the way we want to. What's next?

Mainly, though, my beef is that I cannot change the subject line in PMs. Fixing this would be very much "good enough" for now.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 Feb '20 10:55
    I suppose a work-around would be to copy the original PM and paste it in a new PM with the reply.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    18 Feb '20 14:04
    @suzianne said
    I suppose a work-around would be to copy the original PM and paste it in a new PM with the reply.
    I agree one should be able to change the subject.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree