1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 May '22 10:50
    @woofwoof said
    And the ongoing fmf/divegeester tantrum against anonymous thumbs is adult-like?
    It’s a discussion, why are you so upset by it?
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '22 16:37
    @fmf said
    I don't care about the anonymous thumbs down I am getting because it's an infantile feature that marrs the site.
    Now fmf, you do understand Russ implemented the thumbs up/down so people could post anonymously? I wouldn't try advocating myself for Moderator if you are going to be putting down the Site Owner, not a smart move on your part.

-VR
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 May '22 17:38
    @fmf said
    I just don't like this website having a silly and teenage feature like TikTok and Instagram have. Whatever it takes: have adult non-anonymous thumbs or no thumbs.
    What you personally don't like should not be the deciding factor, what is removed from the site.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '22 02:35
    @moonbus said
    What you personally don't like should not be the deciding factor, what is removed from the site.
    What you or I personally genuinely believe is the right thing for the site to do ought to be the "deciding factor" with regard to what we each post on the Site Ideas Forum.

Whatever the "deciding factor" may ultimately be, in terms of what is then removed ~ or not removed ~ from the site, is in the mind of the website's owner.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 May '22 06:41
    @moonbus said
    No one is saying that should be the deciding factor, don’t be silly.
  6. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 May '22 22:41
    @divegeester

I'm sure you must be aware that you could opt out of the thumb system by leaving this site and never coming back.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Jun '22 03:42
    Yawn.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    03 Jun '22 01:38
    @divegeester said
    Yawn.
    Sleep now . . .
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:261 edit
    @moonbus said
    a) Thumbs are not infantile. That's just your opinion on the matter, not an objective fact about them. Plenty of adults here use them.

b) RHP does not bear comparison with TikTok (which is adolescent, not infantile). Plenty of other sites for grown-ups have a similar (like/dislike) feature.

c) Even if thumbs were infantile, that is not a reason to eliminate them from th ...[text shortened]... bout something which really does degrade this site (such as engine cheaters and how to detect them).
    (Or such as forum dominators who chase people from thread to thread merely to write pages and pages of posts whose seemingly only purpose is to castigate people for disagreeing with them.)
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:29
    Wow, seconds after I post this I get two alerts.

Raw nerve?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:36
    @fmf said
    [1] When you get a large number of thumbs, do you feel it makes you look "bad"?

[2] When someone gets thumbed down, how do you think that person "pays for" what they said?
    [1] I don't know, it's been a long long time since I've gotten as many red thumbs as you or your partner in crime.

[2] Yes, in the forum currency that obviously irritates them the most -- public opinion.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:371 edit
    @fmf said
    But doesn't a situation [where the recipients of red thumbs cannot see them] completely undermine the argument that the purpose of anonymous red thumbs is to send a signal to those who receive them?
    How so? The signal is obviously getting through, anonymous or not, as evidenced by those losing their minds over it in this thread.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:41
    @fmf said
    Several people, including you, have admitted that they thumb down people because they dislike them even when it has nothing to do with the content of the post.
    Produce the post where I said that.

Go ahead.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 06:42
    @fmf said
    Suzianne to KellyJay: "You, taking the side of your abusers, insult every user of the forums on this site. Nice."

Is this not you "gaslighting" KellyJay?
    How so? Speaking the truth is NOT "gaslighting".
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '22 00:36
    @suzianne said
    Wow, seconds after I post this I get two alerts.

Raw nerve?
    All nerve, all the time. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree