1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    10 Aug '20 15:28
    Does Russ or the Moderators or both know who the thumbs come from. Not that it really matters, just wondering.

-VR
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 10:47
    @very-rusty said
    Does Russ or the Moderators or both know who the thumbs come from. Not that it really matters, just wondering.

-VR
    You're not fooling anyone Rusty. You'd LOVE to know. So much for your "thumbs don't mean anything to me" BS.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 11:14
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    That 4th one came from me.
    Lord! Have I no shame? 😀
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 14:41
    @suzianne said
    You're not fooling anyone Rusty. You'd LOVE to know. So much for your "thumbs don't mean anything to me" BS.
    They actually don't mean anything to me. I am assuming as I got no reply that at least Russ if not the Moderators can see who thumbed a post up or down. You see that way it would give them an idea if thumbs were being done by a certain clan, and their friends. 🙂 Now do you understand Suzie Q?.....It seems every post I make must be explained to you as to the reason behind it. There always is a reason! 😉

-VR
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 14:42
    @wolfe63 said
    That 4th one came from me.
    Lord! Have I no shame? 😀
    I don't blame you at all wolfy I throw enough stones you way! 😉

-VR
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Aug '20 22:36
    @very-rusty said
    They actually don't mean anything to me. I am assuming as I got no reply that at least Russ if not the Moderators can see who thumbed a post up or down. You see that way it would give them an idea if thumbs were being done by a certain clan, and their friends. 🙂 Now do you understand Suzie Q?.....It seems every post I make must be explained to you as to the reason behind it. There always is a reason! 😉

-VR
    But, since you are attempting to retaliate against what you assume to be a threat, the thumbs obviously mean a LOT to you. Don't be so hypocritical.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 17:15
    @suzianne said
    But, since you are attempting to retaliate against what you assume to be a threat, the thumbs obviously mean a LOT to you. Don't be so hypocritical.
    Stop being so Silly Suzie Q! I am assuming Russ know who is thumbing posts up or down and who the people are. If they belong to one clan and friends, then it does tell them the thumbs are very bias? Do you get it yet?

-VR
  8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 17:381 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Stop being so Silly Suzie Q! I am assuming Russ know who is thumbing posts up or down and who the people are. If they belong to one clan and friends, then it does tell them the thumbs are very bias? Do you get it yet?

-VR
    Rationalize it however you'd like Rusty. Whatever makes you feel better, right?

The truth is, if folks genuinely enjoyed your posts, they'd already be giving you a green garden of up-thumbs.

If those statistical facts differ from your wants and perceptions of the "thumb" situation; blame and denial are great devices of shelter.

You might prefer to continue paying them periodic visits for solace.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 18:111 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Rationalize it however you'd like Rusty. Whatever makes you feel better, right?

The truth is, if folks genuinely enjoyed your posts, they'd already be giving you a green garden of up-thumbs.

If those statistical facts differ from your wants and perceptions of the "thumb" situation; blame and denial are great devices of shelter.

You might prefer to continue paying them periodic visits for solace.
    Wolfy,
    You really want the truth, there is a group of you who thumb down every post I make. Remember the one about the flowers that got all the thumbs down? You are just as bias as the others in my opinion.

-VR
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 19:021 edit
    @very-rusty said
    Wolfy,
    You really want the truth, there is a group of you who thumb down every post I make. Remember the one about the flowers that got all the thumbs down? You are just as bias as the others in my opinion.

-VR
    No, Rusty, we don't "remember" some random post you made. Your posts are not a source of great literature (well, maybe they are to you and that's why you're so offended by disapproval), and so are rather forgettable.

Here's a clue: when you get a "down-thumb", ponder on your attitude a moment and try to understand how poorly you communicate, and try to be better next time. This is how adults deal with criticism. Just try to be better, maybe you'll eventually get the approval you so desperately crave.
  11. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 19:281 edit
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    When Pete started a thread regarding which music encourages you to drive fast - your reply was that you don't drive faster than the speed limit.

When Badger started a thread about Sunday dinners - your reply was to point out that people are starving in the world.

When I started a limerick thread - you made plenty of pointless posts, thumbed down posters you don't like without contributing a single limerick.

Lemon started a virtual tavern thread which many enjoyed visiting - your response was to poke your head through the window shouting fake drinks, fake bouncers, fake tavern.

Hakima currently has a thread about stealing - your reply is that you don't steal.

Like it or not you earn every thumb down you receive. Either get on board or don't post.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Aug '20 22:003 edits
    @neilarini said
    When Pete started a thread regarding which music encourages you to drive fast - your reply was that you don't drive faster than the speed limit.

When Badger started a thread about Sunday dinners - your reply was to point out that people are starving in the world.

When I started a limerick thread - you made plenty of pointless posts, thumbed down posters you don't like ...[text shortened]... t steal.

Like it or not you earn every thumb down you receive. Either get on board or don't post.
    If only you knew how much you sounded like Suzie Q!!!

I will tell you the same as I told her I'll say what I want without permission from her or you for that matter.

You have no idea if I thumbed down any thread, so get your head out of the sand or where ever it may happen to be, or don't your choice of course. 😉

Do you think you being critical of me will stop me from posting?

Think again!! 😛 😉

You wouldn't happen to be a friend of the Clan that can't be mentioned are you??? 😉 😛

Not to mention you jumped in a thread where I asked a question to Russ. I guess it is ok for you to jump into any thread you please right?

-VR
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 09:36
    How do we put someone on ignore?
    I've had my fill of the nonsense.

It was a little cute at first, the flaunted ignorance act, but now it's become an annoying distraction.

Even a comedian's heckler can say witty things occasionally. That's not the case here.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 09:40
    @very-rusty said
    If only you knew how much you sounded like Suzie Q!!!

I will tell you the same as I told her I'll say what I want without permission from her or you for that matter.

You have no idea if I thumbed down any thread, so get your head out of the sand or where ever it may happen to be, or don't your choice of course. 😉

Do you think you being critical of me will stop m ...[text shortened]... asked a question to Russ. I guess it is ok for you to jump into any thread you please right?

-VR
    Just.

Stop.

Being.

Hypocritical.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Aug '20 09:56
    Neilarini's post may have been unsolicited, but it wasn't an attack on you, Rusty. There's evident goodwill in it. He's trying to help you see that your current negative posting style doesn't contribute any value to forum threads.
    I ask you to read that post again carefully and consider what he's saying. Dialogue requires both or all participants to contribute things that add value to the total thread.
    Please don't respond with a statement that you post what you like and don't care if others don't like it.
    Treat forum threads like chess games. If your opponent makes the moves he feels like making, rather than ones he's thought about, it won't be a fun game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree