1. Joined
    07 Mar '14
    Moves
    05 Dec '18 11:49
    Maybe highlight those games where there is a current message?
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 06:50
    @bob-kramer said
    Maybe highlight those games where there is a current message?
    You want another colour for the games in which it is your move and there is an ingame message?
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '14
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 00:50
    @Bob-Kramer
    Maybe just light up the bell to direct you to the game and the message?
  4. Joined
    07 Mar '14
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 14:48
    The basic problem is ending a game, and never seeing a message that was left. @Bob-Kramer
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 15:091 edit
    @Bob-Kramer

Something that I am hoping to tackle in the early 2019, the existing separation of in-game messages and private messages.

I plan to move the in-game messages to the private message system, which itself is migrating to a more "chat" oriented presentation, rather than an "email" inspired style format that it has now.

Advantages of this - you can send as many messages as you like with a move, at anytime, and the the end of the very problem you just described.

edit : On your "My Home" page, it will currently show any "last move" messages you have received. This is not really an adequate solution though.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 19:07
    @russ said
    @Bob-Kramer

Something that I am hoping to tackle in the early 2019, the existing separation of in-game messages and private messages.

I plan to move the in-game messages to the private message system, which itself is migrating to a more "chat" oriented presentation, rather than an "email" inspired style format that it has now.

Advantages of this - you can send as many m ...[text shortened]... ly show any "last move" messages you have received. This is not really an adequate solution though.
    I've often wondered if the message I send as I resign is actually recieved.
    It would appear not.
    On a similar subject,what would be useful would be something like "message all current opponents".
    I could then tell all my current opponents when I'll be absent for a few days.Perhaps they would then not move in our game so I wouldn't be under any time pressure when I return to the site/game.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Dec '18 13:34
    @venda said
    I've often wondered if the message I send as I resign is actually recieved.
    It would appear not.
    On a similar subject,what would be useful would be something like "message all current opponents".
    I could then tell all my current opponents when I'll be absent for a few days.Perhaps they would then not move in our game so I wouldn't be under any time pressure when I return to the site/game.
    There is a time limit on games for a reason to stay within that time period. I believe if you were having health issues you opponent may be understanding. You do have 36 vacation days you can use during the year also. In clan games people may not be so understanding.

-VR
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    16 Dec '18 18:09
    @very-rusty said
    There is a time limit on games for a reason to stay within that time period. I believe if you were having health issues you opponent may be understanding. You do have 36 vacation days you can use during the year also. In clan games people may not be so understanding.

-VR
    Ok. Ignoring the last paragraph in my post , which was just an afterthought I still think it would be useful to be able to inform my current opponents of a short absence without using any of my 36 days.
    Haven't you sometimes wondered why an opponent moves consistently every day and then suddenly stops?
    It's not really important.
    Just an idea to provide extra information if it's easy for the admins to do
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Dec '18 19:461 edit
    @venda said

Haven't you sometimes wondered why an opponent moves consistently every day and then suddenly stops?
    It's not really important.
    Just an idea to provide extra information if it's easy for the admins to do
    I have wondered why an opponent hasn't moved when they usually move regularly. It is as a rule because there has been an illness in the family, they themselves are sick or worst have passed. If it is a clan game I will wait untill the skull comes up and take the skull, as they may have just got bored with the game and left the site which has been known to happen. (Especially in Clan Challenges I feel I must take the skull as I am just one part of a group)

You can message any opponents you are playing if you have some personal issues that need being taken care of, but in clan games you may not find much sympathy I am afraid.

-VR
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 13:12
    @very-rusty said
    I have wondered why an opponent hasn't moved when they usually move regularly. It is as a rule because there has been an illness in the family, they themselves are sick or worst have passed. If it is a clan game I will wait untill the skull comes up and take the skull, as they may have just got bored with the game and left the site which has been known to happen. (Especial ...[text shortened]... that need being taken care of, but in clan games you may not find much sympathy I am afraid.

-VR
    If I don't move for a few days it's usually because I'm visiting my son or I'm busy.
    I just thought it would be nice to inform my opponents by saying something like "away until Thursday".
    I know I can do this individually but it would be too laborious.
    As I said it's not really important.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 13:411 edit
    @venda said
    If I don't move for a few days it's usually because I'm visiting my son or I'm busy.
    I just thought it would be nice to inform my opponents by saying something like "away until Thursday".
    I know I can do this individually but it would be too laborious.
    As I said it's not really important.
    Well it is important to you. I don't know what would be involved in doing it so you could send messages to the people you were playing against, or if it would be feasible for Russ to do.

I know in Clans there is a set up that you can send messages to all players in your clan at the same time with one message sent. So maybe it wouldn't be that hard of a thing to do after all? Russ?

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree