1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jun '21 17:481 edit

Any change that we can spectate a game while we wait for a game to be accepted?

This should be possible. On the TODO.

I'm having several people unable to see the first move made.

I'll investigate this tomorrow - my guess is you can fire off a first move before the other person has connected properly - which might explain this.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '21 17:522 edits
    @russ said

Any change that we can spectate a game while we wait for a game to be accepted?

This should be possible. On the TODO.

I'm having several people unable to see the first move made.

I'll investigate this tomorrow - my guess is you can fire off a first move before the other person has connected properly - which might explain this.
    Thank you! And one more thing.

This game should be a draw. White ran out of time, but I ( black ) have no mating material ( or any material for that matter ).
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '21 13:21
    @russ said
    Switching pieces is now live, but blocking players is delayed, unfortunately. If this goes on to be a major problem in future, I will prioritise it.
    Another player "epo" is sabotaging my offerings of games currently. Still hoping for that block feature.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Jun '21 14:07
    @joe-shmo said
    Another player "epo" is sabotaging my offerings of games currently. Still hoping for that block feature.
    That is unfortunate - sorry to hear this. Back to a priority task again then!
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Jul '21 12:51
    I'm still having trouble where the pieces are getting jumbled up on the board, phantom pieces.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '21 13:09
    @joe-shmo

Apologies about this - I haven't updated it since this was last discussed. It has not been forgotten.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Jul '21 13:062 edits
    Suggested improvement :

Allow only a short specified time for black to make the opening reply. ( other sites its like 30 seconds ). I just sat idle through an opening move for 10 minutes in a "forgotten" game. These types types of situations shouldn't be scored as a win, and I shouldn't have to wait for 10 min to not loose rating points.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 13:19
    @joe-shmo said
    Suggested improvement :

Allow only a short specified time for black to make the opening reply. ( other sites its like 30 seconds ). I just sat idle through an opening move for 10 minutes in a "forgotten" game. These types types of situations shouldn't be scored as a win, and I shouldn't have to wait for 10 min to not loose rating points.
    Allow only a short specified time for black to make the opening reply.

Another good suggestion. 30 seconds sounds reasonable.

Regarding these games currently being recorded as wins - we will be removing the record of abandoned games with 0 moves once this is all fleshed out.

Unfortunately, it will be at least 2 weeks before any significant changes are made to live chess now.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '21 14:061 edit
    @joe-shmo said
    I can see this player is taking and abandoning games over and over again.

As a result, they are now blocked from the live game until they send feedback explaining their actions.

I will be maintaining a blocked list manually until implemented properly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree