1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '21 03:262 edits

On move 16 ( I'm playing black ), the image of the knight captured by the pawn stays on the board...

1 min game, rapid sequential movement seems to be the common thread linking the instances of this error.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jun '21 20:51
    Phantom pieces several times today. I'm using "drag and drop" to place them. Its a really annoying bug.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jun '21 10:002 edits
    @joe-shmo
    Apologies about this - trying to balance some time away from the keyboard with getting this patched up. It will be sorted out as soon as possible.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jun '21 00:302 edits
    @russ said
    @joe-shmo
    Apologies about this - trying to balance some time away from the keyboard with getting this patched up. It will be sorted out as soon as possible.
    Any chance for feature that allows us to block players from accepting our games? The player @jimijam60 has been accepting ( many times now ) my games, and then ghosting me. They are apparently salty about having their butts handed to them, and unfortunately this kind of un-sportsman like conduct is rampant on the web ( especially in Blitz time controls ). Many other sites have a block feature to defend against it.

I understand you are busy, just pitching the idea as I am already experiencing the need.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Jun '21 10:57
    @joe-shmo

I knew we needed this eventually..but didn't expect this to be a requirement so soon! I'm doing updates early next week, so I'll get this in, even if the block only lasts for your session.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jun '21 06:34
    Actually, Russ, could you suspend the Live site for awhile?

Joe used to post some nice puzzles in the Puzzles forum, but he's been rotting his brain on 1-minute games instead.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jun '21 08:14
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Joe used to post some nice puzzles in the Puzzles forum, but he's been rotting his brain on 1-minute games instead.
    Ha! At least I know someone is enjoying it! 🙂
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 00:294 edits
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Actually, Russ, could you suspend the Live site for awhile?

Hahaha. You've surely spent some time playing 1 min games somewhere yourself ( you're way too fast and accurate to not have)! I've wasted considerably more time on 15 second games on another ( unnamed out of respect for RHP ) site. It's actually hard to get people to play 1 min games in here. Hasn't quite caught on among the RHP populace...
  9. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 12:12
    @joe-shmo said
    Hahaha. You've surely spent some time playing 1 min games somewhere yourself ( you're way too fast and accurate to not have)! I've wasted considerably more time on 15 second games on another ( unnamed out of respect for RHP ) site. It's actually hard to get people to play 1 min games in here. Hasn't quite caught on among the RHP populace...
    Speed chess is not my thing.
    I make enough mistakes when I have time to think!
    As an observation,I log on most days at various times and I have never seen more than 2 players on the live icon so as you say,perhaps more time is needed for speed chess to catch on.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 13:13
    Because the site/apps's focus is correspondence chess, there isn't an established community of live chess players here. Things may change - but until a rating is added, it won't be terribly "sticky".
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 16:20
    @russ said
    Because the site/apps's focus is correspondence chess, there isn't an established community of live chess players here. Things may change - but until a rating is added, it won't be terribly "sticky".
    I look forward to the initiation of rating system.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 16:30
    @venda said
    Speed chess is not my thing.
    I make enough mistakes when I have time to think!
    As an observation,I log on most days at various times and I have never seen more than 2 players on the live icon so as you say,perhaps more time is needed for speed chess to catch on.
    Yeah, there are some peaks the have 6 or more players in the queue, but it doesn't last long, and offered games seem to be rarely accepted. I can't figure this out. Why are people opening the live chess if they don't want to play chess? If people are looking to view live chess, they have to play live chess to drum up interest. I usually offer 1 min games ( but ill accept others time controls ) which is at most 2 minutes out of your day if you don't like it...just try it is my philosophy!
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jun '21 17:48
    Optional color switch on rematch should be released tomorrow, if further testing is successful.

Color switching was actually built in on rematch already by default BUT due to a bug, the colors flipped one too many times to be the same as they were before...😳

Regardless, from the next update, this will be decided by the players.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jun '21 10:43
    @russ said
    @joe-shmo

I knew we needed this eventually..but didn't expect this to be a requirement so soon! I'm doing updates early next week, so I'll get this in, even if the block only lasts for your session.
    Switching pieces is now live, but blocking players is delayed, unfortunately. If this goes on to be a major problem in future, I will prioritise it.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jun '21 17:321 edit
    Any change that we can spectate a game while we wait for a game to be accepted? Every time I spectate, I go back to the lobby and my game offer has disappeared.

Also, I'm having several people unable to see the first move made. Perhaps an operating system issue?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree