1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 12:471 edit
    On offer: A "Rapid" Game.
    - 10 minutes per side.

https://www.blitzchess.net/room

Cannot provide a link button in this public thread.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 13:032 edits
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 13:40
    @russ said
    [=https://www.blitzchess.net/room]BlitzChess.net[/]
    That link works perfectly.

I did have one game and all was well.
    No lag.
    No crashes.

Thanks Russ! 🙂
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 13:433 edits
    @WOLFE63

Excellent news. I'll release an update today, I believe the live version has an issue with resignations right now.

edit : Unfortunately, I overpromised there, as on-going RHP issues sucked up the whole day.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 13:511 edit
    @Russ @WOLFE63
    I just played that blitz game with you, wolfe63.
    Did you see my "Good Game" message when I resigned?
    I don't usually care for blitz but thought I would give it a try.
    (heck, I don't do well at blitz or regular chess, but that's beside the point)

Anyway, I resigned and it didn't seem to have a problem as far as I could tell.

<EDIT> By the way Russ, when you use the 'Blitz' link on the dailychess.com page located at the top right, and you get to the next page, the little X in the red box at the top right of that page does nothing. I suspect it's supposed to close that window and return you to the dailychess.com page that you left. (It has not worked for as long as I can remember.)
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 17:03
    @wolfe63 said
    On offer: A "Rapid" Game.
    - 10 minutes per side.

https://www.blitzchess.net/room

Cannot provide a link button in this public thread.
    Did you get in under your own username or as a guest?

I can get in as a guest.

-VR
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 17:53
    @very-rusty said
    Did you get in under your own username or as a guest?

I can get in as a guest.

-VR
    Was it you who accepted my game?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 18:15
    @trev33 said
    When I was there no one was there trev

-VR
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 18:241 edit
    I think at this time the blitz site is not connected to RHP. It appears to just be a link provided that takes you to a seperate site. When you go there you are no longer connected to RHP.
    Once there you can select a provided avatar and enter whatever name you want to use.
    It has nothing to do with your RHP username, but you can type that name in if you want to.
    If you do not enter a name, it will just identify you as "guest" with a number.

<edit> It also looks like it can remember you the next time you go to the blitz site, using the same name as used on your previous visit. Or you can also change the avatar and name each time.

I think that is how it currently works, but I could be mistaken.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 18:272 edits
    @mwmiller

This is correct. The aim was to give the new code a good test before bringing into RHP and using it on another variant specific site.

Blitzchess.net is unlikely to survive once it arrives on RHP though.*

*Unless is suddenly became wildly popular for no apparent reason.
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 18:40
    @Russ
    So is the plan to integrate the blitz code into RHP/DailyChess at some time if there is sufficient interest, then remove the blitzchess/org site?
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 18:55
    @mwmiller

The code behind blitzchess.net (as you experienced) will arrive in an improved form, integrated into RHP. It is the result of my new "engine" for variants (and standard chess, of course ) which will all arrive on RHP and eventually replace some of the older core code here. (This is quite a big job, and will run in parallel for variant support first. As from today everything is in place to start on this though.)

It is quite flexible regarding variant support, but I don't want to run lots of niche interest variants within RHP (a support nightmare - even explaining en-passant in standard chess can be tiresome as it is!), so a separate site will exist for variant enthusiasts who can be left to largely fend for themselves

So, a limited number of variants will make it into RHP, but only those that are currently popular. (To be discussed later - 960 though, of course.)
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 19:36
    @trev33 said
    Puddle Duck?
  14. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 19:39
    @mwmiller said
    @Russ @WOLFE63
    I just played that blitz game with you, wolfe63.
    Did you see my "Good Game" message when I resigned?
    I don't usually care for blitz but thought I would give it a try.
    (heck, I don't do well at blitz or regular chess, but that's beside the point)

Anyway, I resigned and it didn't seem to have a problem as far as I could tell.

<EDIT> By the way Russ, ...[text shortened]... rn you to the dailychess.com page that you left. (It has not worked for as long as I can remember.)
    Awesome...thanks for the game MW.
    Speed chess takes practice and a good memory for openings.

Lately, I've had sparse amounts of both. 😀
  15. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    04 Mar '21 19:44
    @russ said
    @mwmiller

The code behind blitzchess.net (as you experienced) will arrive in an improved form, integrated into RHP. It is the result of my new "engine" for variants (and standard chess, of course ) which will all arrive on RHP and eventually replace some of the older core code here. (This is quite a big job, and will run in parallel for variant support first. As from today ...[text shortened]... to RHP, but only those that are currently popular. (To be discussed later - 960 though, of course.)
    I'm eagerly looking forward to this integration.
    Having an ability to have in-game chatting would be awesome. But, I'll settle for just solid quality game-play for a start.

Thanks again Russ!
    I believe that all of your hard work will not go unrewarded.

This site's chess platform is already first-rate. Adding Live-Play capability will make it even greater! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree