LaTeX

Standard memberRemoved
Site Ideas 09 Mar '21 20:04
  1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 20:04
    Is there any hope of the forums supporting LateX for mathematical script/notation. It would be nice to have in Posers and Puzzles, Science forum...
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 09:441 edit
    I have looked into this, and it is not something I want to integrate directly into the forums. BUT, I did go searching for somewhere that hosted the Latex images that could be embedded here.

And Pavel Holoborodko's QuickLatex does exactly that :

QuickLatex.com

So we can have :

I need to get permission from Pavel Holoborodko to use his service though, and if he green lights RHP's usage , I can create a new [latex ][ / latex] forum tag for embeddeding images created at QuickLatex.com
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 14:05
    Pavel has now given permission to use QuickLatex, on the condition that the images are hosted from RHP.

This is understandable, but means it isn't a simple fix of just adding a forum tag to QuickLatex hosted images.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 14:321 edit
    @russ said
    Pavel has now given permission to use QuickLatex, on the condition that the images are hosted from RHP.

This is understandable, but means it isn't a simple fix of just adding a forum tag to QuickLatex hosted images.
    Yeah...that seems fair. So it sounds like you'll try to make it happen, time permitting? Or is this caveat a dream crusher?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 15:22
    @joe-shmo

I'll look at it further - but not a quick feature I can rush out now, sorry.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Mar '21 15:25
    @russ said
    @joe-shmo

I'll look at it further - but not a quick feature I can rush out now, sorry.
    I understand! Thanks for the replies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree