1. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 07:351 edit
    No reason to keep it on the screen. It's just an annoying reminder that we used to be able to play blitz.
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 10:53
    Actually, I would prefer to see more options for live games here at RHP.

I understand that games with longer time-limits (10-15-30 minutes per side) are susceptible to engine-cheaters, but we are already taking that chance with our correspondence-only format.

I currently visit another site to play live games, but I'd much rather play them here. My humble opinion welcomes rebuttal.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 19:46
    @coquette said
    No reason to keep it on the screen. It's just an annoying reminder that we used to be able to play blitz.
    Don't some people still use it?
    If so, why remove it?
  4. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 21:33
    I can't find any blitz on my phone. πŸ€”
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '19 07:23
    @venda said
    Don't some people still use it?
    If so, why remove it?
    Fair enough. Maybe a "blitz date" can be arranged. I just never see anyone playing in there any more.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Apr '19 19:47
    @coquette said
    Some may still want to play blitz. Personally I haven't played a game in years, but that is just me.

-VR
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Apr '19 09:45
    We have struggled with blitz in the past, but I will be relaunching it with a better back end at some point. This hopefully will improve the current situation as I'm hoping a cloud based service can remove many of the headaches from the past caused by the blitz feature, and improve stability considerably.
  8. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '19 01:54
    @russ said
    We have struggled with blitz in the past, but I will be relaunching it with a better back end at some point. This hopefully will improve the current situation as I'm hoping a cloud based service can remove many of the headaches from the past caused by the blitz feature, and improve stability considerably.
    β˜ΊπŸ‘

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree