1. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    17 Jun '19 15:26
    Would it be possible to keep a previous copy of a submitted challenge that has been bounced ?
    I think one iteration should be sufficient.
    Thanks, Mike.
  2. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Aug '19 10:48
    @mghrn55 said
    Would it be possible to keep a previous copy of a submitted challenge that has been bounced ?
    I think one iteration should be sufficient.
    Thanks, Mike.
    How exactly would you do that? Create a new challenge for the bounced one? So that there are two challenges (one live ( the new one) one flagged as bounced(the old one))?
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Aug '19 14:09
    @ponderable said
    How exactly would you do that? Create a new challenge for the bounced one? So that there are two challenges (one live ( the new one) one flagged as bounced(the old one))?
    I don't think that is what Mike is getting at.
    What I think he is saying is that suppose he proposes a challenge as leader to a clan and it is "bounced" repeating the challenge at a later date would be pointless.
    Having a record of bounced challenges, or even a warning i.e "this challenge has been proposed before" would save him time and effort.
    With the number of challenges Metallica propose, and the ever decreasing amount of available players/clans repeating exact challenges is practically impossible.
    When I was a leader I considered keeping my own spreadsheet of bounced challenges and counter proposals but decided it wasn't worth the effort
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Aug '19 13:281 edit
    @venda said
    What I think he is saying is that suppose he proposes a challenge as leader to a clan and it is "bounced" repeating the challenge at a later date would be pointless.
    Having a record of bounced challenges, or even a warning i.e "this challenge has been proposed before" would save him time and effort.
    With the number of challenges ...[text shortened]... own spreadsheet of bounced challenges and counter proposals but decided it wasn't worth the effort
    But just because a challenge is bounced once doesn't mean it would be bounced again in future.

Things change and a clan member might now be open to games when that clan member was not open to games previously, for example.

I kind of agree with Ponderable in that the overhead might be undesirable, especially for a clan like Metallica, with dozens and dozens of challenges.
  5. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Aug '19 13:30
    @venda said
    With the number of challenges ...[text shortened]... own spreadsheet of bounced challenges and counter proposals but decided it wasn't worth the effort
    A first step into that would be a list of challenges against a clan. That would be nice. (Could be limited to one year or 10 challenges)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree