1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Jul '22 08:404 edits
    You will need to install Apple's TestFlight* (used when beta testing software)

Then grab the new build of the iPhone app here (now 5.0.x) :

iPhone App

TestFlight is an online service for over-the-air installation and testing of mobile applications, currently owned by Apple Inc.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jul '22 17:34
    Bumping this, as I need to be 100% confident all is well before releasing to production.

iPhone/iPad folks, can you help out?
  3. Subscribermoonbusonline
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Jul '22 05:42
    @Russ

Will do.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Jul '22 17:17
    A new build will be going up in the next few days to address a few minor things I've uncovered.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '22 18:571 edit
    I can see a couple of reports about a crash when moving a piece - I'll look into it.

I suspect it is very rare crash based on the number of moves made to reported incidents.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Jul '22 19:30
    And thank you for logging these errors in TestFlight, without which it would greatly increase the difficulty in fixing issues.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    18 Aug '22 18:474 edits
    A small update, after a lot of porting code from one platform to another, and back again sometimes* :

Android App is now also in review, matching new iOS app features - beta link tomorrow hopefully.

A new iOS build will be submitted to the Apple App Store Gods tomorrow, and then released next week if all goes well.

* Both Android and iOS apps are developed natively - no shortcuts😬
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Aug '22 16:391 edit
    Version 5.0.4 is currently in review - a final fix to prevent a rare crash when selecting a piece.

Although not reproduced, I can see this happened once in the crash logs even in the new build, so hopefully it is a bug that has finally been squished.

Bug reported here back in March : Thread 192614
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 10:402 edits
    A new build v5.0.7 (30) is now on TestFlight adding :

- Apple Sign up
    - Account menu with a email /password update options, and a "Close account" option

If you are an existing tester, ignore both of these - as Apple Sign up is for new players, and close account will ...close your account.

Hopefully this is the build that can finally be released! It's been alooooong time in dev/test now.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Sep '22 18:111 edit
    Build v5.0.8 is just waiting for approval by Apple for testing.

This fixes the reported issue where skipping from a completed game results in no Move button being shown on the next game.
    Also, the invisible "Loading" indicator is fixed. Plus a rare crash bug is prevented.

Now, this really should be the build to hit production!🤞

(Thanks again to those testing on TestFlight - and filing issues too. It really is super useful.)
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Oct '22 10:12
    The Apple gods have been appeased, finally.

Release to production this Tuesday.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree