1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 16:42
    This was suggested before I know.

The idea is that each Player has a clan Rating which changes with each clan game.

Reason:

* There is cheating going on by losing games intentionally. If there would be a clan rating at least lsing games intentinally outside clan Events would be prevented. The players need to have only one clan ratg to prevent froming clans with the purpose to lose rating points...

* Game Moderators should be reinstated to judge if clan games were given up after a decision has been reached in clan challenges to prevent that mode of sandbagging...
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Mar '19 23:12
    More specifically, a player's clan rating should not be influenced by non-clan games.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    29 Mar '19 17:41
    @Ponderable
    I support this proposal which has been previously tabled in 2016.

As a caveat, I think once the first point has been addressed, the 2nd requirement for moderator policing resigned clan games may not be that big an issue.
    Besides, site administration has moderators that serve multiple purposes anyways.
    They will find any irregularities or abuses within the clan feature as well as other features.
    Tournaments, site forums, etc
  4. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:32
    @ponderable said

* Game Moderators should be reinstated to judge if clan games were given up after a decision has been reached in clan challenges to prevent that mode of sandbagging...
    Game moderators? That's ridiculous. It's not possible to know if a blunder was intentional or not. As long as matches are based on rating, there will always be ways to "cheat".

Why not just have no rating restrictions on challenges? The team that plays the best chess wins. No reason to sandbag then. Clan leaders assemble the best chess players they can. That's how every league and every team sport works.

It's so simple.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 12:38
    @knightstalker47 said
    Game moderators? That's ridiculous. It's not possible to know if a blunder was intentional or not. As long as matches are based on rating, there will always be ways to "cheat".

Why not just have no rating restrictions on challenges? The team that plays the best chess wins. No reason to sandbag then. Clan leaders assemble the best chess players they can. That's how every league and every team sport works.

It's so simple.
    Assemble the best team they can?
    In professional sport maybe but it doesn't apply here.
    If you are a low rated player why bother being in a clan?
    You're never going to get a game.
    In our crown green bowling club we all pay the same subs so we try to give everyone an equal number of games regardless of ability.
    We're never going to be champions but we do get value for money.
  6. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 14:30
    @venda said
    Assemble the best team they can?
    In professional sport maybe but it doesn't apply here.
    If you are a low rated player why bother being in a clan?
    You're never going to get a game.
    In our crown green bowling club we all pay the same subs so we try to give everyone an equal number of games regardless of ability.
    We're never going to be champions but we do get value for money.
    A low rated player can play just as many games as a strong player, they will just be the underdog most of the time. As long as your leader is willing to put you in, you'll get games.

The system already exists in the form of the clan league, just award points to clans based on those results, instead of the current way of earning points. I played in the clan leagues for Chess Warriors some time back. I played against a wide variety of opponents, some 1200, some 2000.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 17:21
    @knightstalker47 said

It's so simple.
    Perhaps you were hibernating in 2016 ?
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 18:36
    @knightstalker47 said
    A low rated player can play just as many games as a strong player, they will just be the underdog most of the time. As long as your leader is willing to put you in, you'll get games.

The system already exists in the form of the clan league, just award points to clans based on those results, instead of the current way of earning points. I played in the clan leagues ...[text shortened]... r Chess Warriors some time back. I played against a wide variety of opponents, some 1200, some 2000.
    Not sure if the clan leagues are active anymore.
    Just looked on the clan leagues tab and all seasons are finished.
    Maybe the clan leaders have had notification of new seasons beginning but when I was a leader I found it quite difficult to raise a team.
    I believe that's why the 4 man competitions were introduced
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    10 Apr '19 21:062 edits

Removed by poster

10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 12:531 edit
    The way things now stand a Clan can have their challenge won and the Clan they are playing against will hold off for a full 10 days to delay the winning team from starting another challenge.

As you know there is a limit to the amount of Challenges you can play against other Clans. If a Clan is going to purposely hold off from playing in a challenge that is already lost, that is another way of cheating and solves nothing.

Right now I think the objective should be to get the Clan Ratings sperate from the other ratings, which will put a very big curb into what is now going on in the clan challenges.

Remember the last Vote was lost because too many things were involved in the Vote. I believe we should take on one issue at a time. Lets just see if we can have a seperate Clan rating from all the other ratings first.

-VR
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Apr '19 20:50
    @knightstalker47 said

The system already exists in the form of the clan league, just award points to clans based on those results, instead of the current way of earning points. I played in the clan leagues ...[text shortened]... r Chess Warriors some time back. I played against a wide variety of opponents, some 1200, some 2000.
    One of the features which makes the clan system attractive is that low-rated players can have just as much fun, and have real chances of winning games, as high-rated players. This works only if ratings accurately reflect players' real playing strengths. Do away with this, and there isn't a clan system anymore; there is just the team with all the 2300+ layers on it and all the rest are losers; no fun in that at all.
  12. Here
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 07:551 edit
    @very-rusty said
    The way things now stand a Clan can have their challenge won and the Clan they are playing against will hold off for a full 10 days to delay the winning team from starting another challenge.

As you know there is a limit to the amount of Challenges you can play against other Clans. If a Clan is going to purposely hold off from playing in a challenge that is already los ...[text shortened]... a time. Lets just see if we can have a seperate Clan rating from all the other ratings first.

-VR
    A separate clan rating will only work when the clan points system is sorted out
    If only people would see this
    Every game in a challenge must count
    It is the one thing that stops a separate clan rating from working effectively
    Players would still be able to dump games to off set their rating if it did not affect the result of a challenge
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 Apr '19 12:09
    @padger said
    A separate clan rating will only work when the clan points system is sorted out
    If only people would see this
    Every game in a challenge must count
    It is the one thing that stops a separate clan rating from working effectively
    Players would still be able to dump games to off set their rating if it did not affect the result of a challenge
    Lets try and work out that part afterwards and work on just getting the clan ratings seperated from the other clan ratings first. You do have a valid point but one thing at a time. It got very confusing last time several things were put in the Vote, if you recall. I am certainly not dismissing your point just lets get one thing at a time done if it is even possible to do. "This is one thing EVERYONE is in agreement with it seems, is to seperate clan rating from other ratings."

-VR
  14. Here
    Moves
    13 Apr '19 08:18
    @very-rusty said
    Lets try and work out that part afterwards and work on just getting the clan ratings seperated from the other clan ratings first. You do have a valid point but one thing at a time. It got very confusing last time several things were put in the Vote, if you recall. I am certainly not dismissing your point just lets get one thing at a time done if it is even possible to do. ...[text shortened]... thing EVERYONE is in agreement with it seems, is to seperate clan rating from other ratings."

-VR
    Everything must be taken into account before settling on a choice
    Otherwise it just gets forgotten about and the moaning goes on
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Apr '19 13:01
    @padger said
    Everything must be taken into account before settling on a choice
    Otherwise it just gets forgotten about and the moaning goes on
    Agreed, but what happens when you put too much in a vote it gets complicated.

One thing everyone seems to be in agreement with is that the Clan Ratings should be sperated from the other Ratings which will put a big curb on what is happening as I type this.

Nothing will be forgotten, but we have to have a place to start, and don't even know if it is possible to get the Clan Ratings seperated from the other ratings as of now.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree