1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 15:22
    Inactive players should be greatly curtailed on this site !! This RHP is for chess players having current, active, on-going games ! Possibly after 100 days, of no moves, members would lose the right to post in the forums, go on vacation, be listed in the ratings and all others lists..!! Their names could be in RED letters to indicate they are non-players !!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 17:142 edits
    @ogb said
    Inactive players should be greatly curtailed on this site !! This RHP is for chess players having current, active, on-going games ! Possibly after 100 days, of no moves, members would lose the right to post in the forums, go on vacation, be listed in the ratings and all others lists..!! Their names could be in RED letters to indicate they are non-players !!
    Yes let’s curtail them from them doing more … nothing.

And while we’re at it let’s make then wear a badge or an insignia so we can recognise them. It will be RHP law that that must wear this badge at all times.
  3. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 18:511 edit
    @ogb said
    Why?

Could you provide some background info on what led you to make this request?
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 19:09
    @Kevin-Eleven
    simply because this is a CHESS website.....ok not everyone is required to be a paid member, but at least play some games...even unrated games are OK....but to logon here and not have any active games.....that's going against all the hard work the owners/admin guys do every day... 😀
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 20:16
    @ogb said
    @Kevin-Eleven
    simply because this is a CHESS website.....ok not everyone is required to be a paid member, but at least play some games...even unrated games are OK....but to logon here and not have any active games.....that's going against all the hard work the owners/admin guys do every day... 😀
    Then I suggest you set up your own chess website and run it exactly as you please. 😉
  6. Standard memberBeowulf
    Misfit King
    Moves
    02 Aug '22 21:141 edit
    @ogb said
    @Kevin-Eleven
    ⬆️ that 💪
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:05
    @ogb said
    I don't think inactivity is necessarily a problem on here.
    If someone suddenly stops playing it can be for a variety of reasons.
    The skull system should cover this eventuality if you choose to use it(I don't personally).
    For potential members who investigate the site and then decide not to bother the same should apply.
    I think you are talking about people who post in the forums but don't play chess games.
    If so, that is a different issue
  8. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Aug '22 10:12
    @ogb said
    @Kevin-Eleven
    I would think the registration system for new players is automated and doesn't involve any "work" from the owners and admins.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '22 16:36

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree