1. California, USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '19 17:56
    Allow members in good standing to create their own tournaments and set the format, time controls, and participant limits. Perhaps even allow for thematic contests.
  2. California, USA
    Moves
    23 Jul '19 23:47
    Some malcontent parted with a 'thumbs down' for this idea without explaining why. I don't get the purpose of this rating feature, it seems irrelevant for this forum.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 11:11
    @acw said
    Some malcontent parted with a 'thumbs down' for this idea without explaining why. I don't get the purpose of this rating feature, it seems irrelevant for this forum.
    It's irrelevant for any forum. They're totally meaningless and only weirdos even look at them.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 14:18
    @acw said
    LOL....Don't let the thumbs down get you down!!! 😉

-VR
  5. Upstate NY
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 17:151 edit
    I am not a thumbs-downer referenced above, but I will say I am not a fan of this proposal. My reason being that there are a limited number of tourney players, and if too many tournaments are made available, then these will be slower to fill up and start (which is already the case at times).

So, I think it is better to leave it to the site to throttle the number and type of tournaments available according to demand.

If there are specific tournaments types that you feel are missing, then you can always send feedback to request one be made.

If I am off mark here, perhaps you can expand on your reason for the suggestion in the first place? What needs of yours are unmet with the current system? What is it you would be looking to create yourself if you did have the power?
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Jul '19 17:271 edit
    @acw said
    Allow members in good standing to create their own tournaments and set the format, time controls, and participant limits. Perhaps even allow for thematic contests.
    There are so many inactive clubs and clans that you can offer to captain one of these.

Voilà Problem solved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree