1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 22:315 edits
    Just hit a milestone on some dev work, so a quick preview of what you can expect in the distant future. :

YouTube

This video runs through some of the supported variants, and shows some of the UI updates required for their rules.

The board interface code has been rewritten from scratch along with the core legal move checking code (and plenty of other supporting code too.)

Variant support should be a lot less problematic in the future and will enable me to replace the guts of RHP with this updated code once it is thoroughly tested.

So,

960 (of course), Crazy House, Seirawan chess, Atomic, Antichess, Alice, Extinction, Cylinder, Horde, Three Check, King of the Hill, Racing Kings, Shatranj, Transcendental, Wildebeest , and whole lot more are actually complete.

As this is a massive change on top of all the other intended updates, this will take a long while before it is available to everyone / out of testing.

The current plan is to test this along with other prototype code on a new domain(site), and then roll the good stuff back in to RHP once everyone is happy. More on this later.

Edit : Video updated as one segment was missing.
  2. SubscriberPachman
    Ghost Eater
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 20:17
    Would each variant have a separate rating or would they all be unrated games?
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Feb '20 21:04
    @Pachman

Rating for each.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 08:49
    @Russ

Excellent. I particularly like the new pawn-promotion clap-down menu.

I do have one further request (this has been mentioned before): can we please have board coordinates in PGNs and FENs pasted into threads ?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 09:38
    @moonbus

Yes, I can add that. But I don't want to dive back into that code again right now - a bit like reading two books at once - it can get confusing. But definitely can patch that in soon, as it exists already, but just turned off.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    04 Mar '20 09:43
    @Russ

Ta.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree