1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    28 Jul '21 13:05
    There is some confusion regarding draws which could do with tidying up when time allows:-
    1.When one gets the message "my decision" and you click draw accepted it shows an error "submit move before accepting" or something like that.Thing is the draw is registered anyway so it isn't necessary to make a move.
    2.We all know there are 4 categories for a drawn game.The 50 move rule,the 3rd repetition rule,insufficient material(e.g only kings remaining,I think this has been debated before) and draw agreed.
    It would be helpful if these conditions were reported separately.
    As an addition when a draw offer is not accepted, instead of the game simply carrying on a message "draw offer not accepted" would be helpful.When the repeated position condition is not valid perhaps such a message could be shown also.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Aug '21 19:09
    All noted. A lot of this is all fixed in the new code (used by live chess here now) but we are still sometime away from integrating that into correspondence chess.

I'll look at addressing the points raised though ASAP (Which is at least a week out, as no coding will be happening this week)
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Aug '21 08:13
    @russ said
    All noted. A lot of this is all fixed in the new code (used by live chess here now) but we are still sometime away from integrating that into correspondence chess.

I'll look at addressing the points raised though ASAP (Which is at least a week out, as no coding will be happening this week)
    Cheers.
  4. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    02 Aug '21 15:58
    @venda said
    It would be helpful if these conditions were reported separately.
    not sure what you mean by "reported".....

also, there are some websites that don't even see that a position has repeated three times...lol...so you'd be stuck playing forever, I guess...
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    02 Aug '21 16:29
    @ogb
    I suspect that what Venda means by "reported" is getting some kind of feedback message showing the outcome of your 'claim draw' or 'offer draw' action.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Aug '21 13:28

1.When one gets the message "my decision" and you click draw accepted it shows an error "submit move before accepting" or something like that.Thing is the draw is registered anyway so it isn't necessary to make a move.

2.We all know there are 4 categories for a drawn game.The 50 move rule,the 3rd repetition rule,insufficient material(e.g only kings remaining,I think this has been debated before) and draw agreed. It would be helpful if these conditions were reported separately.

#1 has been fixed, live now.

#2 Due for release tomorrow AM GMT - "draw agreed" is replaced with "Draw claimed", and the reason for the draw is always explained. (This is currently completely missing from the "Game Summary" pop-out box used all over the site.)
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Aug '21 15:01
    A further small tweak for tomorrow - a notification is shown that a draw claim has been rejected if after the move you continue to view the same board.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Aug '21 15:041 edit
    As an addition when a draw offer is not accepted, instead of the game simply carrying on a message "draw offer not accepted" would be helpful.

I'm not convinced we need this - as a player can simply ignore the offer anyway and not actively decline it. Is it not obvious the draw offer was not accepted? In the future, draw offers will at least be logged, so when they occurred can be reviewed.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Aug '21 09:48
    The new build has been released to production now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree