1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Aug '20 16:56
    I have an idea that might help those who want to download games to themselves.

First, this is what I think happens with games played at RHP and how they are archived.

Every game played is stored in one of up to 24 folders on the "My Games" page. All games remain in the "Inbox" folder until we move them to another folder.

There are two default folders that cannot be removed or renamed. They are named "Inbox" and "Archive".

Up to 22 optional folders can be added and named as desired. Games can be moved from one folder to another. This will allow you to organize your games in whatever manner that makes it more convenient for you.

When games are moved to a folder they are limited to 30 games per page. One exception exists. The "Inbox" folder can have up to 150 games per page. This is done by changing the 'list max' setting at "My Settings/Site Settings."

When you are at a folder that contains games, you can select "Manage Games" and from that page you can select games that you want to have sent to your valid email address. There is an option to send up to 100 games in one email group.

If you select some games on one page (30 games max) then go to another page and try and select more on that next page, games you selected on the prior page are 'de-selected'. So you can only select up to 30 games on one page at one time to be sent to you via email.

The exception is the 'Inbox' page, since you can have up to 150 games on that page. However, you can not send more than 100 of them from that page to yourself via email.

Here is the "Site Idea".
    Since some members wish to save their games for various reasons, it would be useful to standardize all of the folder pages within the "My Games" folders.

As the limit for a games download is 100 games per email, it would be sensible to allow each folder page to contain 100 games. This should apply to all pages, not just those in the Inbox Folder.
  2. Upstate NY
    Moves
    08 Aug '20 11:362 edits
    Agree with the suggestion, and I'll add two more requests downloading games:

1. Ideally, both player's ratings reported in the PGN should be from the time that the game ended, rather than their current ratings at the time the email is requested. Associating player's ratings as they happen to be at time of request for a game that may have ended months or even years ago is not very meaningful.

2. Increase the limit of emailed games from 100. Or, perhaps even better, provide a download link for an archive file containing ALL of a players PGN games (perhaps within a specified date limit or game count, similar to the email request page). Why limit ourselves to email in this day and age? (I presume the 100 game limit has to do with keeping email size minimal?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree