1. High Wycombe, UK
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 16:10
    Can I suggest something a little more "Eye Catching" when my opponent has put me in check. Just putting the word in red and bold rather than grey maybe? Anything that catches the eye without causing too much irritation.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Sep '22 18:16
    @dm7 said
    Can I suggest something a little more "Eye Catching" when my opponent has put me in check. Just putting the word in red and bold rather than grey maybe? Anything that catches the eye without causing too much irritation.
    Why? You don't get it over the board. You're expected to notice. After all, you know your opponent's move, so you should be able to work it out in just a few seconds.

Or do you expect your opponents to shout "fore", sorry, "check", when you play at the club? I'd consider that a distraction, and warn him for it, if one of my players did so too loudly.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Sep '22 14:53
    @dm7 said
    Nice idea.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 13:08
    Perhaps an (optionally) highlighted tile is the answer here. This is the way I implemented it on the experimental EvoChess variant site (yellow tile), and I believe it worked quite well..
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Sep '22 13:312 edits

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree