1. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 04:19
    @russ said
    I can't reproduce this one - so I don't believe it is an issue with the interface code on Windows Firefox specifically.

I need to make sure cached files are not an issue in the future, but for now, if any problem like this occurs, please do a ctrl + f5. (To ignore the browser cache and reload all files.). If this fixes a problem like this, please let me know.
    Run Ok on my machine (W10) with Chrome.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Sep '20 10:231 edit
    Within the next 2 to 3 weeks, I believe I can now get blitz code embedded within RHP (unrated still for now) replacing the current implementation.
  3. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    10 Sep '20 00:43
    @Russ
    Running smooth Russ, not mistaken on updates. A ping on a new game like RHP Correspondence. I understand & appreciate the work, great (bug fixing) 👍
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 10:42
    A little update on progress - the new board code now supports the existing tile and board styles from RHP (I've added a "legacy" mode using bitmaps embedded in SVG files, rather than pure SVG vectors that blitzchess.net is using)

But, for the short term at least, textured board tiles will not be supported. (So, marble, wood and chrome board styles will be a single color approximation).

The result - new code that looks (superficially anyway) the same as the old code! 🙂
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 Sep '20 10:46
    A further comment - any variant support will be limited by fairy pieces right now. If a variant has additional fairy pieces, it is unlikely to be added here anytime soon because of the need to then add the graphics to all available sets for the new pieces.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 18:30
    In case you were concerned that this has gone AWOL, I decided to update the whole RHP code base to help the integration with the new blitz code/variant support. Unfortunately, that process took significantly longer than expected!

See Thread 187083 for more about this.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 11:28
    Board UI has had to be largely rewritten to support "click and click" as well as "drag and drop", so please do check this out if you have the time.
    BlitzChess
  8. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jan '21 13:28
    @Russ

First rough impression looks good. I saw that 2 players were online (yellow field) but not who they were or I was one of them.
    I created a game, but when I changed to the Game Lobby it disappeared. I assume it wouldn't have been taken up anyway 🙂
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 16:58
    @russ said
    Board UI has had to be largely rewritten to support "click and click" as well as "drag and drop", so please do check this out if you have the time.
    [=https://www.blitzchess.net]BlitzChess[/]
    I can get into it as a guest, I didn't bother to sign in under my user name.

-VR
  10. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 17:14
    I've been checking-in periodically. Still shows players online even though the Lobby is empty.

It's a work in progress, I get it.

I'm certain that once it features a prominently displayed tab at the top of our RHP home page...it'll gather plenty of regular players.

I'm looking forward to some 10-minute-per-side games in future.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 17:15
    The blitz chess server has been receiving more work in the background - so I can assure you this hasn't been mothballed - and once the new beta is in production, the first steps to integrating it here can begin.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 17:202 edits
    @wolfe63 said
    I've been checking-in periodically. Still shows players online even though the Lobby is empty.

It's a work in progress, I get it.

I'm certain that once it features a prominently displayed tab at the top of our RHP home page...it'll gather plenty of regular players.

I'm looking forward to some 10-minute-per-side games in future.
    The phantom players need fixing (ghosts of previous visitors). I'm aiming to show games waiting on the RHP "blitz" tab. This should be all that is needed to build up some interest.

The blitzchess.net site is already a little behind my current work, but the priority now is to get this latest release done, then integrate into RHP shortly after.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    01 Mar '21 19:15
    @russ said
    The phantom players need fixing (ghosts of previous visitors). I'm aiming to show games waiting on the RHP "blitz" tab. This should be all that is needed to build up some interest.

The blitzchess.net site is already a little behind my current work, but the priority now is to get this latest release done, then integrate into RHP shortly after.
    I appreciate the update Russ. I knew you were working on it.

Having a brightly colored Blitz link which shows current population is a great idea! 🙂
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 15:10
    I'm currently actively integrating the live/blitz code into RHP. More soon!

This will require another short public beta again though, unfortunately, because I've bumped the client side Bootstrap library RHP uses up a major version (from 4 to 5) for this release, which is itself in final beta now. So widespread changes, made to look like nothing has changed again, at least for now.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 18:212 edits
    We should be good to go with a beta starting Monday - some configuration issues to sort out still, but should be resolvable fairly quickly.

edit : Or perhaps not. An issue is preventing progress right now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree