1. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    19 Oct '20 23:061 edit
    I notice that a forum search returns zilch.
    I.e. https://beta.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?authorname=orangutan just gets me an empty response (probably not such a bad thing, but also yields nothing for other users).
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 08:06
    It appears @divegeester hit a problem twice, can you provide any details?
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 08:09
    @Russ

The link to blitz doesn't work (not a major thing, but still)
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 08:25
    @Ponderable

The blitz isn't wired up on the beta, but the page should load - you just have to wait about 30 second! Safe to ignore blitz for now (it is being replaced shortly anyway.)
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 08:402 edits
    @orangutan said
    I notice that a forum search returns zilch.
    I.e. https://beta.redhotpawn.com/board/search.php?authorname=orangutan just gets me an empty response (probably not such a bad thing, but also yields nothing for other users).
    Thanks, missed that one. Fixed.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 09:10
    @russ said
    It appears @divegeester hit a problem twice, can you provide any details?
    @divegeester - responded this was the search bug too.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 16:581 edit
    Another build has now been uploaded. I'm confident no issues were introduced, but there is always potential for problems, of course.

Earlier I stated that the beta should function exactly as the current live version. This is no longer true, as the club pages have had a few tweaks in response to some recent feedback I requested from an active club manager. (Thank you @lstcyr)

Other than the club code, everything should be the same though currently.
  8. Joined
    21 Aug '03
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 17:32
    It seems the "My private forums" link (https://beta.redhotpawn.com/board/indexprivate.php) is broken - returns an empty page.

I may have missed being told of course 🙂
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 17:43
    @pineapple42
    Thanks, I could see error, but not the source of it. Fix incoming...
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Oct '20 22:17
    I use the app because selecting a piece is as simple as touching the piece you want to move and then selecting the square you want it to go to. The beta is a much more hit and miss affair where you select the piece you want to move (highlights ready to move) select square you want to move to (seems a random outcome- half the time nothing happens) Maybe browser moves are different to the way you move pieces in the Android app, but for me it's worthwhile launching the app because of the moving pieces functionality. Cheers.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 00:00
    I use the beta site on a 10" Android tablet in landscape mode.
    Captured pieces show up in a single line, white first, instead of in two separate lines as before.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 09:11
    @kmax87 said
    Maybe browser moves are different to the way you move pieces in the Android app, but for me it's worthwhile launching the app because of the moving pieces functionality. Cheers.
    Both are "drag and drop" and should be equivalent, the only difference being that the web interface permits clicking a piece, and then a target tile in two actions too.

When the new board UI code is rolled out in the near future (the work is complete already) I would very much like your input on that if possible.
  13. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 09:13
    @russ said
    Both are "drag and drop" and should be equivalent, the only difference being that the web interface permits clicking a piece, and then a target tile in two actions too.

When the new board UI code is rolled out in the near future (the work is complete already) I would very much like your input on that if possible.
    I would like to be able to disable "drag and drop" and just go with point and click in two steps
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 09:441 edit
    @Ponderable

The one thing I haven't actually added yet to the new board interface code! I often forget how popular this method is.

edit : Just to be clear, this beta has the current board code. All UI elements are the same as before.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Oct '20 10:052 edits
    I use the beta site on a 10" Android tablet in landscape mode.
    Captured pieces show up in a single line, white first, instead of in two separate lines as before.

@Kewpie
    Do you know which version of Android you are using, because I am not seeing this?

edit : Android 9/Chrome on a Tablet (emulated) doesn't reproduce the problem either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree