1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Apr '21 15:48
    A new build is available that should resolve the phantom number of players listed online.

Also, the button next to the variant "drop down" will now correctly provide interactive instructions on each variant.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    22 Apr '21 18:39
    Regarding live chess only :-

A few more stability fixes are now live, so if anyone does hit anything odd, please do let me know.

This should be the last update to live chess prior to the release of the general beta. (Although the live chess will remain in a "beta" state even after this release, until scalability has been tested in a production environment. )
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Apr '21 20:58
    I found a bug.

Using Firefox on Windows, in Dark Mode, I tried to create a club tournament. The text fields were a white font on a white background. I could not see what I was typing.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    26 Apr '21 09:011 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    The text fields were a white font on a white background. I could not see what I was typing.
    Thanks. This appears to be true for all text fields in dark mode on the beta. I'll be updating the beta at the end of today, so this should be fixed then.

edit : If you ctrl+f5 / ctrl+ r to clear browser cache, this will be fixed right now ahead of later update.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    02 May '21 16:50
    I got to play two games of live chess yesterday. The only issue I noticed was that none of the pieces were centered on the squares.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 May '21 17:561 edit
    @bigdoggproblem said
    I got to play two games of live chess yesterday. The only issue I noticed was that none of the pieces were centered on the squares.
    That is good to hear. I need to look at that problem with the pieces - it doesn't apply to all sets, so I had overlooked it.

Unfortunately, I tied the live chess release to another general site update, and as a result I'm currently waiting for a completely unrelated dependancy to come out of beta itself before i push ahead. Rather frustrating.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '21 16:272 edits
    A large update will be pushed to the RHP beta shortly. Not exactly as planned, as RHP Beta was ready to be pushed to production any day now, but due to a dependancy we use having breaking changes for RHP Beta, this was required.

Regardless, from a technical standpoint, it is forcing some better practices in the RHP client code. Not work I wanted to undertake, as it will be largely replaced soon anyway.

There will be a short outage on the beta this evening, and if you are an active beta tester, please be extra vigilant for any strange issues thereafter. If the next few days are trouble free, then the release can still take place. Thanks.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '21 17:47
    @russ said
    A large update will be pushed to the RHP beta shortly.
    Delayed until tomorrow. A few more issues to resolve.
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    10 May '21 19:25
    No problem boss.
    When you've built it, we will come. 🙂
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 May '21 17:461 edit
    @woofwoof said
    When you've built it, we will come. 🙂
    New build now live!

Quite a few significant changes. Rendering may be a slightly faster than before when browsing around due to some fundamental changes to the order of page loading.

A couple more fixes to come over the next few days regarding live chess, then this should be ready to go!

edit : A small issue with player profile tabs currently for some players - a fix incoming later.
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 May '21 17:50
    Once this beta ends, an Android App update featuring basic clan functionally is ready to go - long overdue - this also will have a short beta of its own. An iOS port will follow in a month or two.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 May '21 12:206 edits
    @russ said
    edit : A small issue with player profile tabs currently for some players - a fix incoming later.
    This is now fixed.

edit : Another tab related issue has been introduced. Only the first tab clicked load content - gameboard tabs and user profiles. Again, fix incoming! ( [ del ] is a new tag, for strikethrough. )

edit : It is not possible to move in games with notes right now.

We should be good again now! 🙂
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 May '21 19:00
    @bigdoggproblem said
    The only issue I noticed was that none of the pieces were centered on the squares.
    This is now fixed on the beta.

Thanks again everyone for making moves on the beta. Nearly there now.

I'm planning a phased release with live chess (first subs and existing beta testers), so I can see how that behaves before opening it up to all.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 May '21 10:54
    Thank you everyone for using the beta over the last few weeks.👍

The general web site update is now live. Once I'm happy all is well, I'll make the live chess available. (In a few hours.)

Anyone who didn't have a "beta" tester badge on their profile will receive that shortly too.

I'll create a new thread for live chess specifically, as that will need more work still and is a quite a distinct part of the site.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 May '21 16:121 edit
    Live chess is now available to subscribers and beta testers - this is just a trial and it may subsequently be pulled for more work if things don't workout.

A green dot will appear on the "live" icon if a game is waiting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree