1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 15:32
    My reviews have been updated to include mention of the Games Explorer (which improves RHP's database score), and to recognize the imminent changes in vacation settings.

Keep it up Russ!
  2. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:00
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    PGN Others. The ability to research an opponent's prior games is an important element of correspondence chess. Sites that facilitate downloading games of other players make this possible. On RHP, I spent an entire evening gathering the games of one opponent in which he had faced the French Defense. It was a laborious process. At other sites, I've been ab ...[text shortened]... egory because it is much easier to keep up on one's own games one at a time.
    RHP score: ?[/b]
    Yes!! My opponents' games are there, tantalizing me. But, I don't have any easy way to find a particular position among his games. :-(

To me, email chess is (beyond the beautiful friendships formed) all about analysis. If RHP could give us an "Opening Explorer" style front end to its enormous game database, that would be ideal. Second best would be the ability to download easily all of an opponent's games into our own database tool.

Many thanks for your thoughtful post, here. :-)
  3. Standard memberMrJohn
    A Chess Friend :-)
    Texas :-)
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 21:14
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Planning: The notepad is basic. I'm going to create a seperate thread specifically for a site idea regarding the new analyse board, but I think it would be a giant leap forward if the pgn for a continuation you are exploring in analyse board could be copied direcly into your notepad. I'm just after discovering a lovely line (may not happen) in one of my g ...[text shortened]... ch through the RHP database, ala chesslive, with search parameters like player/rating/colour.
    Yes!! These two improvements to RHP are what I personally most want to see.

Many thanks! :-)
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Mar '07 23:114 edits
    I notice that many other cc sites are more easy-going with games for non-subscribers.
    Just something I have noticed - I ain't pushing for change here or anything but would that not be classed as an advantage for them over this site?

Ps; Even gameknot doesn't give a vacation disadvantage to free members.
    [apparently they get a bit longer, that's all]So there's another slip in the ratings surely?

That's if you are doing an unbiased comparison.
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 01:372 edits
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

[apparently they get a bit longer, that's another slip in the ratings surely?

[apparently they get a bit longer]
    subscribing members, that is.
  6. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 08:40
    A FEN option for each position would be nice because I like to examine openings & positions & I have to keep putting all the moves in on the set-piece option in new games.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 12:45
    I notice that many other cc sites are more easy-going with games for non-subscribers.
    Just something I have noticed - I ain't pushing for change here or anything but would that not be classed as an advantage for them over this site?

[apparently they get a bit longer, tha ...[text shortened]... 's another slip in the ratings surely?

Write your own reviews if you wish, don't tell other people they are biased because their review doesn't match what you would have written.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 13:081 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Write your own reviews if you wish, don't tell other people they are biased because their review doesn't match what you would have written.
    🙄 Where did I say it WAS a biased review?
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 13:41
    🙄 Where did I say it WAS a biased review?
    You implied it by stating that if he wished to do a unbiased comparision he'd do whatever it is you were whining about.
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 14:362 edits
    gameknot...
    The bottom line with gameknot is that the interface and site design are light years behind RHP.

RHP is a quite brilliantly designed site, which still continues to improve.
  11. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 14:42
    You implied it by stating that if he wished to do a unbiased comparision he'd do whatever it is you were whining about.
    You know nothing about what I did or did not imply and it is you who is constantly whining, not I.

comparision - haha.
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 15:26
    You know nothing about what I did or did not imply and it is you who is constantly whining, not I.

comparision - haha.
    If I can read what you write then I can read what you are stating indirectly (implying). It's pretty simple.
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 16:17
    If I can read what you write then I can read what you are stating indirectly (implying). It's pretty simple.
    Rubbish.
    You can read into it anything you like but as per usual you are wrong.
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    01 Apr '07 21:10
    Rubbish.
    You can read into it anything you like but as per usual you are wrong.
    Reread your post and you'll see. It's not deeply hidden.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 Apr '07 00:49
    Reread your post and you'll see. It's not deeply hidden.
    That's if he can even read... but I'm not implying anything by saying that.

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree