1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '21 11:11
    If I were found to have used the alert post function over and over again in a frivolous way or as an intenser-than-a-thumb-down gesture of disagreement or personal disapproval in the middle of forum conversations, I would understand if my right to alert posts were to be taken away from me. Would this, in fact, be a good 'rule' to have?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 06:281 edit
    @fmf said
    If I were found to have used the alert post function over and over again in a frivolous way or as an intenser-than-a-thumb-down gesture of disagreement or personal disapproval in the middle of forum conversations, I would understand if my right to alert posts were to be taken away from me. Would this, in fact, be a good 'rule' to have?
    And who will be the judge and jury on this?

You?

Please.
  3. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Mar '21 06:32
    @suzianne said

You?

Please.
    This would fall to Russ probably. I suggest to leave him alone to do meaningful work as much as possible.
    Russ might move initiators of spurious alerts to his SPAM folder. If something is alerted by right someone will, who is not driven by personal attack motives.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Mar '21 18:07
    @suzianne said

You?

Please.
    The person who would most likely be the least bias would be a Moderator.

-VR
  5. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    31 Mar '21 18:11
    @fmf said
    Seems a little weird to have a bespoke rule that would only be applied to you. May I suggest self-restraint instead?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Apr '21 05:58
    @suzianne said

You?

Please.
    Don’t be silly.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 10:57
    Before considering whether the implementation of a new rule is necessary, is there any evidence that spurious alerts have become so widespread that something must be done about it?
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Apr '21 15:133 edits
    @moonbus said
    Before considering whether the implementation of a new rule is necessary, is there any evidence that spurious alerts have become so widespread that something must be done about it?
    I don't even know if it matters. In some cases calling someone Stupid or an idiot or making fun of their character is alerted and removed then on others NOT removed. So what I am beginning to see is inconsistency here.

I understand the Moderators have a difficult job which they do for free. I also know that bias is bound to happen as they are human!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree