1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 13:53
    A lot of sites have a forum specifically listing the current day's posts, and which forum those posts were from. I know you can already see a listing of forum categories and the last poster, but it's not quite the same.

I think a "Today's Post" forum would help the lesser-used forums get more visibility and traction.

For example, there was a post in the technology forum a while back where someone posted a question that I could've answered had I been aware it was posted. That thread closed with no replies. A "Today's Post" forum would've solved that issue, as I could've seen the thread titled listed along with a current posts of that day.

Yes, I know the "All Public Forums" section exists, but a separate forum unifying current posts, like which exists in a lot of social sites like RHP, would be an overall help to lesser-used forums.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 15:41
    @vivify

I'll investigate this. I'm assuming you are only interested in new "threads" today, rather than all posts that happened today?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Mar '22 16:504 edits
    @russ said
    @vivify

I'll investigate this. I'm assuming you are only interested in new "threads" today, rather than all posts that happened today?
    Not just news threads, any new posts from that day.

I PMed you a forum that has a "Today's Posts" feature so you can get the idea.

EDIT: this site has one of those features:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/feature-request-webslices-h-t-2528701/
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Mar '22 09:49
    @vivify said
    Not just news threads, any new posts from that day.

I PMed you a forum that has a "Today's Posts" feature so you can get the idea.

EDIT: this site has one of those features:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/general-discussion-debate-40/feature-request-webslices-h-t-2528701/
    I don't think this is really necessary.
    All I do is click on the forums I am interested in and look at the date of the latest post at the top of the page.
    If there are no new posts since the date I previously looked,I don't open the forum.
    I don't really care if there are new posts on the debates forum for example because I never go on it
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '22 15:434 edits
    @venda said
    I don't think this is really necessary.
    All I do is click on the forums I am interested in and look at the date of the latest post at the top of the page.
    If there are no new posts since the date I previously looked,I don't open the forum.
    I don't really care if there are new posts on the debates forum for example because I never go on it
    "All I do is click on the forums I am interested in"

And that's exactly the issue a "Today's Posts" forum will fix. Some forums like the sports or technology forum would never be seen by a lot of posters and remain relatively inactive.

Seeing Today's Posts would at least make you aware of what is being discussed; if by a chance a thread from a forum you wouldn't otherwise visit happens to pique your interest, you may even respond to that thread and give that forum some more traction.

A "Today's Posts" forum would also greatly save time. Instead of clicking on each individual forum you're interested in to look for new posts, it would be already listed on one forum.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Mar '22 17:11
    @vivify said

And that's exactly the issue a "Today's Posts" forum will fix. Some forums like the sports or technology forum would never be seen by a lot of posters and remain relatively inactive.

Seeing Today's Posts would at least make you aware of what is being discussed; if by a chance a thread from a forum you wouldn't other ...[text shortened]... ndividual forum you're interested in to look for new posts, it would be already listed on one forum.
    Point taken
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    31 Mar '22 13:151 edit
    Thread 192785

edit : This feature has now been revised.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 May '22 03:59
    @russ said
    Thread 192785

edit : This feature has now been revised.
    I have only just noticed this!

A nice addition, thanks Russ... and vivify for lobbying for it.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    23 May '22 04:49
    @vivify said

Seeing Today's Posts would at least make you aware of what is being discussed; if by a chance a thread from a forum you wouldn't other ...[text shortened]... ndividual forum you're interested in to look for new posts, it would be already listed on one forum.
    Makes sense. Glad it has been implemented. 👍

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree