1. SubscriberBrrr
    King of Cool
    AUSTIN, TEXAS
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 08:29
    Further to my situation below where a game just keeps going on and on and on forever because the opponent refuses to accept a draw, does anyone know if the software for RHP chess includes this rule, and so enforces it???

The fifty-move rule in chess states that a player can claim a draw if no capture has been made and no pawn has been moved in the last fifty consecutive moves (fifty moves by each side)
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    04 Nov '20 08:42
    @brrr said
    Further to my situation below where a game just keeps going on and on and on forever because the opponent refuses to accept a draw, does anyone know if the software for RHP chess includes this rule, and so enforces it???

The fifty-move rule in chess states that a player can claim a draw if no capture has been made and no pawn has been moved in the last fifty consecutive moves (fifty moves by each side)
    And so the draw has to be claimed 8and it works at RHP)
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Nov '20 14:481 edit
    @Ponderable
    I think that may be true for several draw situations, such as 3 move repetition, insufficient material, 50 move rule, etc. When the conditions have been met, the draw must still be claimed. There is a button for that, so if you think the conditions are met, just click the button. If conditions are not actually met, the draw is not awarded and the game goes on.

FAQ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree