1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 19:351 edit
    https://phys.org/news/2020-07-white-people-black-police.html
    "....
    When he was asked this week why Black people are "still dying at the hands of law enforcement" in the U.S., President Donald Trump responded by focusing on white people who had been killed by police.

"So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people," Trump told CBS News in an interview on Tuesday. "More white people, by the way. More white people."

Northeastern professor Matt Miller says that Trump's response was a "grotesque" misdirection that fails to account for the fact that Black people are killed by police at a higher rate than white people. A recent study by Miller found that that Black people are shot and killed by police at twice the rate that white people are.
    It is true that a majority of those victims are white people.

"That's only because there are so many more white people than there are Black people in our country," says Miller, a professor of health sciences and epidemiology who has been researching injury and violence prevention for two decades.
    "Although Black people represented 12 percent of the population in the states we studied, they made up 25 percent of the deaths in police shootings,"
  2. Joined
    16 Jul '20
    Moves
    17 Jul '20 23:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    16 Jul '20
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 00:00

4. Joined
    16 Jul '20
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 00:011 edit

5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 04:11
    @humy said
    https://phys.org/news/2020-07-white-people-black-police.html
    "....
    When he was asked this week why Black people are "still dying at the hands of law enforcement" in the U.S., President Donald Trump responded by focusing on white people who had been killed by police.

"So are white people. So are white people. What a terrible question to ask. So are white people," Trump told ...[text shortened]... opulation in the states we studied, they made up 25 percent of the deaths in police shootings,"
    I know you mean well, but this thread is going to attract all the wrong kind of trash.

Oh. Too late.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 07:155 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Police brutality isn't caused by specifically 12% committing 50% of violent crime.
    Was the police brutality we recently witnessed against some peaceful US protesters protesting against police brutality caused by specifically 12% committing 50% of violent crime?

...And, if you deny that ever happened;
    YouTube

Black people commit more crimes and resist arrest almost every time.
    And, as my OP link pointed out, most police brutality in the US is committed against white people simply because there are more of them; which means you have no point there as that means black people commit more crimes isn't the cause of police brutality although being black in the US, whether you are peaceful i.e. non-violent or not, probably makes it more likely to happen to you.
    What about the police brutality committed against the white people in the above video? Can you blame THAT on black people?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '20 10:32
    @BeerismyGod
    So who were you in your last incarnation here?
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 12:241 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @BeerismyGod
    He can't tell you because he has several accounts in use at the moment.
  9. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 12:37
    @kewpie said
    He can't tell you because he has several accounts in use at the moment.
    That issue should be more potently addressed.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 20:06
    @wolfe63 said
    That issue should be more potently addressed.
    As long as the user pays for every account, apparently they can have as many as they can afford.

Yes, I know, there's a TOS and 3a violations of the TOS, but I guess money talks around here.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 20:08
    @sonhouse said
    @BeerismyGod
    Highest probability is Patzering. Again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree