This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 15:29
    @Duchess64
    I just used the idea of an IQ of 1000 as indicating a superhuman level of intelligence. If there was someone like that, we would not know we were being manipulated, even the smartest of us.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 19:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Nov '18 21:071 edit
    @Duchess64
    I am talking about people who manipulate in ways most folk don't know they are in fact being manipulated.
    Think of it as remote control. I don't need to invoke a god to do that.
    It seems to me a real god would have very little or no interest in manipulating humanity, considering the number of extinct human species already extant.
    Just because modern humans are alive today doesn't mean some catastrophe can come by and drive ALL of us extinct and it would not be a god doing that but say, some asteroid in a random orbit that happens to whack into Earth like it happened 66 million years ago and a few other times.
    I suppose the ultra religious set would say all those past extinction events were caused by god if they got past the 6000 year date the literalists think the age of the Earth and the universe is. They could put forth the argument all those events were personally directed by *god* so for some unknown reason humans were designed to be the end result of all those events so we are here BECAUSE of those deity caused events. Like a real god would want to control a single random planet around a random sun at a random time in the age of the universe ending in the creation of modern humans.
    It boggles my mind how they could be so arrogant as to think a god would go to all that effort to make sure humans come about when a god with these god powers could just as easily create our planet and life in one go with also the forensic clear evidence of all the real extinction events that have really happened.

It makes no sense just from an energy budget aspect. I would think a god would want to do its creation in an energy conserving way, which of course could be entirely wrong but it seems to me it would not want to expend 50 exawatts when it could do the same job with 50 megawatts, get the picture?
    Anyway it seems to me the central arrogance of religion that a god would so interested in making us rather poorly 'designed' humans so high on the apparent totem pole of life.
    Those people cannot seem to understand just how many planets and suns similar to our there actually are in the universe and we are oh so special as to warrant the incredible attention such a god would be giving us if the religious set is to be believed.

Don't even know if I am making sense here.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:40
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/artificial-life-vint-cerf
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 20:26
    @metal-brain said
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/artificial-life-vint-cerf
    Stripped down life form with a whopping 473 genes and they say they don't know even in THAT batch the function of a third of them! So imagine the problem of sussing out functions of OUR genes.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 02:34
    @sonhouse said
    Stripped down life form with a whopping 473 genes and they say they don't know even in THAT batch the function of a third of them! So imagine the problem of sussing out functions of OUR genes.
    "they don't know even in THAT batch the function of a third of them!"

Were you drunk when you wrote that? What the hell does it mean?
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '19 04:35
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Apparently the guy that did this has disappeared.... or has been disappeared. Very suspicious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree