1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 May '22 02:381 edit
    The Big Bang started from an unfathomably dense singularity, right? Why then didn't that infinitely dense point become a black hole? Surely that density more than met the conditions of the Schwarzschild radius?
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 May '22 07:541 edit
    @vivify said
    The Big Bang started from an unfathomably dense singularity, right? Why then didn't that infinitely dense point become a black hole? Surely that density more than met the conditions of the Schwarzschild radius?
    Not everyone agrees the Big Bang started from a singularity. I pointed that out in the other big bang thread.

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/science/the-big-bang-theory.193157
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '22 11:20
    @vivify said
    There are musings - not provable or disprovable enough to even be called conjectures, let alone theories - that this is in fact what happened, and we're living inside it. It would be a black hole of both unfathomable mass and extremely low density. Apparently the math works out, but there are some theoretical problems with it, the aforementioned lack of (dis-) provability being one of them.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '22 22:30
    @vivify
    Probably but nobody knows and my take is we have to combine quantum mechanics and relativity to say anything further. News at 11.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree