1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 04:56
    It seems to me elephants should have driven these horned beasts to exctinction. Elephants eat all the same stuff rhinos do and will bully and kill any rhino that competes with them.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 09:48
    They don't all live in the same place. Some Rhinos live in Indonesia while some elephants live India. They're not all found in Africa.

The ones who do live in Africa? well, that's a fairly huge continent. there's plenty of space (and food) for those animals to cohabitate.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 20:03
    I saw a documentary about a group of juvenile male elephants killing the rhinos in the game preserve. The solution was to bring in mature males to teach the young kids how to behave. It worked.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 06:49
    @vivify said
    They don't all live in the same place. Some Rhinos live in Indonesia while some elephants live India. They're not all found in Africa.

The ones who do live in Africa? well, that's a fairly huge continent. there's plenty of space (and food) for those animals to cohabitate.
    There are rhinos in India too
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 11:46
    @athousandyoung said
    There are rhinos in India too
    Are they? Thanks for the info. I looked it up, and it seems elephants are found in Indonesia as well.

But as I said before, Africa (and we can now add India and Indonesia) is a huge place, with plenty of space and food for both animals to coexist.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 14:201 edit
    Vivify is proving himself to be uneducated. I always assumed everyone grew up watching documentaries about the wild animals of the world.

Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom, PBS' Nature and the undersea world of Jacques Cousteau are all educational shows. I guess some people missed out on them.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 18:39

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 18:42
    @eladar said
    Vivify is proving himself to be uneducated. I always assumed everyone grew up watching documentaries about the wild animals of the world.

Mutual of Omaha's wild kingdom, PBS' Nature and the undersea world of Jacques Cousteau are all educational shows. I guess some people missed out on them.
    Nature always finds ways of "balancing"populations
    Elephants and Rhino's have survived in similar environments for millions of years.
    The only thing that disrupts the balance of nature is homo sapiens.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 18:44
    @venda said
    Nature always finds ways of "balancing"populations
    Elephants and Rhino's have survived in similar environments for millions of years.
    The only thing that disrupts the balance of nature is homo sapiens.
    Are you of the opinion that every species to go extinct did so at the hands of humans?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jul '21 18:51

11. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jul '21 11:56
    @eladar said
    Are you of the opinion that every species to go extinct did so at the hands of humans?
    Not every species,but environmental changes have caused the demise of numerous.
    A lot of environments have been lost,or vastly reduced by the presence and actions of humans.
    And we're still doing it.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '21 14:23
    @venda

Just checking. I am not sure what anyone can do to stop countries like China or Russia from doing what they want. I guess people can only complain about it.
  13. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    12 Jul '21 18:13
    @eladar said
    @venda

Just checking. I am not sure what anyone can do to stop countries like China or Russia from doing what they want. I guess people can only complain about it.
    Or even Brazil destroying the rain forest
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jul '21 18:29

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree