1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 04:18
    @metal-brain said
    What organization? What does it have to do with the study?
    The American Geophysical Union. They published the study you cited.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 14:11
    @handyandy said
    The American Geophysical Union. They published the study you cited.
    Where is the information? I couldn't find it. Is it on a different website?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 14:151 edit
    @anderssen said
    I'm trying to take part in the global warming situation and I want to speed it up so the world is a shythole before I die.

Any suggestions?
    I was told 10 years ago that global warming would flood cities like Washington DC within a decade. So I did my part, I ate a can of baked beans everyday and bought an SUV to drive.

A decade later, it is still there. I'm mad as hell for being lied to and so are those who have to misfortune of having to be anywhere around me after eating that can of baked beans!
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 15:101 edit
    @whodey said
    I was told 10 years ago that global warming would flood cities like Washington DC within a decade. So I did my part, I ate a can of baked beans everyday and bought an SUV to drive.

A decade later, it is still there. I'm mad as hell for being lied to and so are those who have to misfortune of having to be anywhere around me after eating that can of baked beans!
    Do you have a reference or was it a casual climate scientist acquaintance of yours who enlightened you with this doomsday clock?
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 16:50
    @metal-brain said
    Where is the information? I couldn't find it. Is it on a different website?
    https://www.agu.org/Share-and-Advocate/Share/Policymakers/Position-Statements/Human-induced-climate-change-requires-urgent-action
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    30 Oct '19 22:12
    @anderssen said
    I'm trying to take part in the global warming situation and I want to speed it up so the world is a shythole before I die.

Any suggestions?
    Burn stuff
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '19 05:54
    @handyandy said
    https://www.agu.org/Share-and-Advocate/Share/Policymakers/Position-Statements/Human-induced-climate-change-requires-urgent-action
    That is interesting. They seem open to publishing studies that contradict their public statement. Apparently their peer review process is quite fair despite having a different opinion on it.

In any case, the article I they published contradicts their public statement.
  8. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    31 Oct '19 16:57
    @metal-brain said
    That is interesting. They seem open to publishing studies that contradict their public statement. Apparently their peer review process is quite fair despite having a different opinion on it.

In any case, the article I they published contradicts their public statement.
    Which conclusions offered in the study you posted dismiss or minimize human influence on global climate change?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 00:12
    @handyandy said
    Which conclusions offered in the study you posted dismiss or minimize human influence on global climate change?
    Read the abstract or scroll down to the end of the article to read the conclusion.
    I have been saying all along that there has been a global warming trend since the end of the little ice age and we are still in it. Sea level rise has not departed from that natural trend by very much. That proves man has less influence on GW than nature.

Sea level has been rising long before the invention of the automobile. Alarmists are blaming man for a mostly natural trend to push a carbon tax on people. It is an effort to scare people into wanting to be taxed. That way the interest on the national debt is paid and we keep going into massive debt without noticing it is a problem.
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 15:33
    @metal-brain said
    Read the abstract or scroll down to the end of the article to read the conclusion.
    I have been saying all along that there has been a global warming trend since the end of the little ice age and we are still in it. Sea level rise has not departed from that natural trend by very much. That proves man has less influence on GW than nature.

Sea level has been rising long ...[text shortened]... t on the national debt is paid and we keep going into massive debt without noticing it is a problem.
    Your study only deals with sea level rise and not with the ever-critical role of humans.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 16:57
    @handyandy said
    Your study only deals with sea level rise and not with the ever-critical role of humans.
    GW causes sea level rise. What better way to gauge the rate of warming and whether or not it is accelerating since CO2 has increased by looking at the data?

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Look at the long term graph on NASA (alarmist central) put on the link above. Notice sea levels have been rising before the automobile was invented. Notice how much sea level rise accelerated between 1940 and 1960.

Can you show me on the graph where sea levels increased at an alarming rate along with co2 increase?
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Nov '19 18:125 edits
    @metal-brain said
    GW causes sea level rise. What better way to gauge the rate of warming
    Either using something called a "thermometer" or some other DIRECT way to measure temperature such as infrared satellites etc.
    WOW what a MORON you are being here!
    Given its not only temperature that effects the sea level but various other factors (tides, storm-surges, glaciers sliding from land into sea, tectonic movements, etc) how is DIRECT temperature measurements NOT a better gauge to temperature increase than sea level rise?
    Under exactly what circumstances would a thermometer readings be a less reliable indicator of temperature than the sea level at that same place? Give any one example of that that could credible sometimes happen...
    How can sea level rise be a better indicator of temperature than the thermometer when the temperature doesn't rise every time the tide comes in?
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 00:14
    @humy said
    Either using something called a "thermometer" or some other DIRECT way to measure temperature such as infrared satellites etc.
    WOW what a MORON you are being here!
    Given its not only temperature that effects the sea level but various other factors (tides, storm-surges, glaciers sliding from land into sea, tectonic movements, etc) how is DIRECT temperature measurements NOT a be ...[text shortened]... of temperature than the thermometer when the temperature doesn't rise every time the tide comes in?
    I know you hate it when you can't use the heat island effect to mislead people, but sea level rise is the result of higher temps. It is better than cherry picked thermometers.

Tectonic movements have caused islands to sink rather than sea levels causing it. That is another way you alarmists mislead people. Tides, storm-surges and glaciers sliding from land into sea are not factors as you falsely claim. You have us all confused for idiots.
    Sea level raise is the best measure of temps so you cannot cherry pick the heat island effect and lie.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 04:14
    @metal-brain said
    GW causes sea level rise. What better way to gauge the rate of warming and whether or not it is accelerating since CO2 has increased by looking at the data?

https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs/sea-level/

Look at the long term graph on NASA (alarmist central) put on the link above. Notice sea levels have been rising before the automobile was invented. Notice how muc ...[text shortened]... Can you show me on the graph where sea levels increased at an alarming rate along with co2 increase?
    I believe that the human impact on the environment is more significant than you realize.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    02 Nov '19 07:342 edits
    @metal-brain said
    I know you hate it when you can't use the heat island effect to mislead people,
    I don't recall the last time I ever mentioned the heat island effect, which I extremely rarely mention, so you are talking made up crap (lies) in a futile attempt to mislead people by deflecting with obvious moronic irrelevancies from answering my questions that prove you are wrong and a moron. You convince nobody here.

Back to where we where, which obviously wasn't the rrelevant "heat island effect";

Given its not only temperature that effects the sea level but various other factors (tides, storm-surges, glaciers sliding from land into sea, tectonic movements, etc) how is DIRECT temperature measurements NOT a better gauge to temperature increase than sea level rise?

Your refusal to answer this question only proves you know you are wrong but not man enough to admit it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree