1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 22:02
    for a great many sightings of UFOs...because our Military has back-engineered crashed spaceships.. Now our own Military can fly them at us and we wont be able to tell if they are flown by humans or aliens, !!
    Our own government can trick us into believing we need a Space Force and raise our taxes !!
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    07 Jun '20 22:04
    @ogb said
    for a great many sightings of UFOs...because our Military has back-engineered crashed spaceships..
    Thanks for the intel.
    I guess we'll have to look carefully at the windows to see if the pilot is green or not.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Jun '20 02:45
    @wolfgang59 said
    Thanks for the intel.
    I guess we'll have to look carefully at the windows to see if the pilot is green or not.
    Ha!
    Good luck with seeing through mirrored glass. Ha!
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    08 Jun '20 04:05
    @lemon-lime said
    Ha!
    Good luck with seeing through mirrored glass. Ha!
    They've developed mirrored glass now!
    Was that stolen alien technology I wonder? ......
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Jun '20 04:231 edit
    @wolfgang59 said
    They've developed mirrored glass now!
    Was that stolen alien technology I wonder? ......
    We prefer calling it "shared technology".
    We also have curtains for enhanced privacy, but mostly just to spruce up the place.
  6. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Jun '20 04:58
    @ogb said
    for a great many sightings of UFOs...because our Military has back-engineered crashed spaceships.. Now our own Military can fly them at us and we wont be able to tell if they are flown by humans or aliens, !!
    Our own government can trick us into believing we need a Space Force and raise our taxes !!
    There seems to be an endless flood of silly alien jokes, yet I've met people with first-hand knowledge of aliens and their tech. Just considering the amazing progress in microelectronics makes me wonder if alien tech may be partially responsible, and those eye-witnesses may not be crazy or lying after all.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 07:57
    @bunnyknight
    Yeah, those benign aliens can't think of ANYTHING better than letting HUMANS loose on a poor unsuspecting galaxy. We are doing such a GREAT job of caring for Earth now......
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 13:43
    @bunnyknight said
    There seems to be an endless flood of silly alien jokes, yet I've met people with first-hand knowledge of aliens and their tech. Just considering the amazing progress in microelectronics makes me wonder if alien tech may be partially responsible, and those eye-witnesses may not be crazy or lying after all.
    There have been many credible UFO witnesses. I'd be interested in hearing about those first hand accounts, if you'd care to share....
  9. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 14:34
    @ogb said
    There have been many credible UFO witnesses. I'd be interested in hearing about those first hand accounts, if you'd care to share....
    I was warned not to say anything
  10. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 15:22
    @ogb said
    One example: At a resort 3 decades ago I met a scientist who helped investigate UFO incidents. One case she studied was a woman claiming to have been abducted. After a very careful and thorough exam they found a tiny sliver of carbon material under her skin. They studied the sliver in every way they could, including hi-power microscopy, but couldn't make sense of it, except that it couldn't possibly be naturally occurring.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 18:38
    I'm sure I've voiced this opinion before but I can't remember which forum it was so I'll pose the questions and my beliefs again:-
    1. IF aliens had the techology to travel thro' space why would they pick on an insignificant planet orbiting an insignificant star in one of billions of galaxies?.
    2. WHY do all the "alien" sightings consist of beings veryt similar to the human form?(2 arms, 2 legs etc)
    3.Think of all the diverse life forms on this one little planet. Isn't it too much of a coincidence to think aliens would evolve on another planet in such a similar way to ourselves?
    I don't discount the numerous "alien" sightings.
    However , I think they could be future beings from Earth travelling back in time.
    They only have to work out how to do it and dodge the "grandmother paradox" somehow.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 18:441 edit
    @bunnyknight
    We have much better stuff than 'high power microscopes' now, field electron microscopes, atomic force microscopes, neutron scattering scopes, high power electron microscopes that can visualize individual atoms.
    So claiming they didn't know what it was did not have access to modern equipment.
    Elecron microscopes with "EDX" sensors for instance, I was lucky enough to have worked with the scientist who invented that technology, brand new to me in 1970 when I was working on Apollo as a tech at Goddard Space Flight Center.

EDX is a normal electron microscope with a variable angle X ray detector that ATT would be tuned to one species of stuff, aluminum, chrome, nitrogen, whatever, but now they can scan for atom and molecules up and down the AMU numbers. AMU for argon, for instance, is about 40. Arsenic clocks in at 75, Boron at 10 and 11 (isotopes) and so forth.
    So if that sliver was saved, it could be inspected atom by atom, both by surface techniques like atomic force microscopes.
    Just saying, they didn't have modern tools and undoubtedly came to unfounded conclusions.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 19:11
    @bunnyknight said
    "first-hand knowledge"

Riiight.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 19:12
    @ogb said
    Your tailor called.

They have your tin-foil hat ready.
  15. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    11 Jun '20 22:27
    @venda said
    I'm sure I've voiced this opinion before but I can't remember which forum it was so I'll pose the questions and my beliefs again:-
    1. IF aliens had the techology to travel thro' space why would they pick on an insignificant planet orbiting an insignificant star in one of billions of galaxies?.
    2. WHY do all the "alien" sightings consist of beings veryt similar to the human fo ...[text shortened]... back in time.
    They only have to work out how to do it and dodge the "grandmother paradox" somehow.
    1. Our aliens may simply be very close to us, both distance-wise and genetically. There could be millions of other alien races across the galaxies that don't even know we exist, or don't care.

2. It's fairly obvious that these aliens have genetic similarities to our own, or even share some of our DNA.

3. There's no reason to assume it's a coincidence. We could have the same ancestors, or part of their DNA. Also, Earth life could have been imported from elsewhere.

4. Traveling back in time is extremely unlikely.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree