1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Jan '21 09:09
    TRAPPIST-1 is only 40 light years away from the Earth and is a red dwarf star system with 7 planets of which 3 are considered to be within its habitable zone.
    But all 7 of those planets have now been shown to be surprisingly similar to each other, at least in terms of density, and nobody is yet sure why they are so similar.

YouTube
  2. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    05 Feb '21 21:31
    @humy
    I used to wonder what life would be like under a red dwarf. Probably nice and cozy-warm with a far lesser amount of all that nasty radiation and glaring UV.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Feb '21 19:52
    @bunnyknight
    Those little dwarf suns have a big problem, they spew out huge discharges that would sterilize the surface regularly. Any life on a planet there would have to be hidden underground, which of course could happen but the surface, not a good place to hang your hat.
  4. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    08 Feb '21 17:29
    @sonhouse said
    @bunnyknight
    Those little dwarf suns have a big problem, they spew out huge discharges that would sterilize the surface regularly. Any life on a planet there would have to be hidden underground, which of course could happen but the surface, not a good place to hang your hat.
    Thanks for the warning. I will cancel my red dwarf vacation plan and pick a brown dwarf instead.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree