1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 08:561 edit
    This breakthrough looks very promising but there is still much more research to be done. The nanoparticles are made of carbon nanotubes with drag molecules attached to them and what makes them so effective is that they target specific cells very selectively and this greatly minimizes harmful side effects;

YouTube
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '20 11:40
    Just noticed my misedit; "eats" in the thread title should be "eat"
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Dec '20 01:589 edits
    @humy
    I just found a ANOTHER possible nanoparticle breakthrough:

A company Tribo Tex makes an engine oil additive that is made of nanoparticles sticky one side and slippery on the other side.
    The gist of that is in an internal combustion engine, say one with 200,000 Km on it, the rings and cylinder walls will obviously have scratches and grooves which lowers the compression ration and noise and such.

This additive is a world first if true:

The sticky side embeds into the scratch grooves and builds up layer by layer and after say 1000 Km of driving, it makes the walls of the cylinder and the rings smooth again with a diamond like coating, so it literally rebuilds the inside of the engine with one treatment lasting for 60,000 odd Km or so, costing about 100 US dollars.

I just found out about this product today and am researching reviews and so far they all think it works.

Here is one negative review but he just SAYS he checked it out but no results on this link:

YouTube

This one seems to be a TriboTex ad:

YouTube

I would like to see a real scientific study if there is anything to it.

Can't find that as of yet.
    But here is one guy testing it on his own truck, he seems to like it:

YouTube

the same dude 11 months later:

YouTube
    And part 4 of this same series:

YouTube

Another guy with a Jeep:

YouTube

Another review:

YouTube

His car has some 400,000 miles!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree