1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Feb '21 08:586 edits
    I am not usually much interested in animal biology but this still caught my interest because it just looks so weird and alien. Its a type of sea slug;

YouTube

But the above video doesn't film it moving and I wanted to see how it moves.
    So I then found this video below that films one moving, and the way it moves looks really weird because of the way its huge transparent mouth keeps expanding flat and biting (if that's the right word for it) at the sea bed!

YouTube

And here is a video of one swallowing a fish, which I somehow find just a tiny bit unsettling;

YouTube

Can anyone else here show a video or a picture of some extremely weird looking animal?
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Feb '21 11:086 edits
    @humy said

Can anyone else here show a video or a picture of some extremely weird looking animal?
    I have now found out about this one, which is now the extinct tally monster;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tullimonstrum

Although I was already long familiar with the name "tally monster", I hadn't bothered looking it up to see what it looks like, until now.
    Its a truly weird looking animal! It looks completely preposterous, like something straight out of one of those many terrible third-rate modern BS science fictions films, complete with made-up BS crap, we sadly see so often on TV these days. For starters, it has stalked eyes that somehow look to me to be unrealistically positioned, as well as a mouth that appears to be at the end of some kind of arm with what appears to be something like an elbow joint!
    Its so weird that even the top experts disagree on what kind of animal it was even in the present day; They cannot even agree on whether its a vertebrate or an invertebrate!

Here is a video about it;

YouTube
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 22:051 edit
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Feb '21 22:121 edit

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree