I think China just landed a probe on the back side of the Moon
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 16:50
    @athousandyoung said
    I think China just landed a probe on the back side of the Moon
    You THINK? Geese, Do you think that was fake news?
    Seriously, funny part is Chinese news did not put it up on front pages, like 4th page down the list.

It might have something to do with the US having several probes driving around Mars and just taken close ups of Pluto and this little rock Ultima Thule 4 billion miles away which would seem to overshadow the admittedly great achievement of China.

It really is a shame we don't cooperate in space with China. Maybe now that they have shown their own licks now we can start operations with them.

Maybe that won't happen till Trump is kicked out and a real person becomes POTUS.

I imagine his so-called 'space force' was designed as propaganda to counter China's moves into space.
    China has a LOT more money to put into space projects than anything Russia can do right now since Russia financially is right in there with Italy on GNP.....
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 22:02

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 22:17
    @Duchess64
    I think the US mind-set conflates "competitor" with "enemy". And
    China is the America's biggest competitor in many areas. Shame ...

Of course Mr. Trump promotes this view with his zero-sum bias.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 22:481 edit

7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 11:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    space-fearing nations?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jan '19 17:21
    @deepthought said
    space-fearing nations?
    Well, they would LOVE a joint mission in Colorado.....
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 01:33

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jan '19 22:49

11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '19 17:38
    One thing in your implied criticism of the US in this regard is one thing just found: Some Chinese companies, when sent a computer or laptop design, are adding tiny chips buried in the circuitry, recently proven, that allows that computer or laptop or whatever to be queried by Chinese sources to learn all the keyboard taps and such, the places visited on the net and so forth and to be able to tap into ALL the data stored on whatever devices are hooked up ATT, hard drives, thumb drives, floppies, whatever.

THAT is why the US is critical of cooperating with China.
    BTW, this is not speculation, it has just been proven. Not ALL electronics but enough to warrant extra scrutiny when a Chinese computer or other device is shipped to anyone anywhere on the planet.
    Very cynical development if you ask me, which you undoubtedly won't......
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 00:104 edits

13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 03:394 edits
    As an apologist for the Chinese, you don't seem to understand the depth of what they did with those hidden chips. They were not just meant for spying on US technology. They were in computers all around the planet. The US has arguably the best technology but there are other tech powers in the world and they were after them ALL.

You should understand the difference between espionage and intellectual property theft.

I would assume you would be on America's ass if it was US thieving from China or maybe Germany thieving from Russia, that would be ok, but China stealing technology and business cycle information is ok, but bad if the US or Germany does it.

Those planes bugged, if true, were done for political information not technology theft, a different order of spying.

The US does not have literally millions of prisoners in 're-education camps' like in China so I suppose you will bring up the disgusting Trump doctrine of caging children, so the two dastardly deeds are equal in your eyes.

A large city full of political prisoners is ok with you I assume.

The present regime of China are not the friends of the US and they are actively forcing their way into Philippine waterways with the building of artificial islands fortified with military weapons. This is not a friendly gesture on the part of China, it is an obvious bid to capture natural resources by military might.

I assume this also is ok with you. I also assume you praise the efforts, since you mentioned you are already proficient in Mandarin so if the world order changes to China you will be ready to join the communist party and be a good communist for the good of all.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '19 22:37

15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '19 16:49
    So, back to ad hominem. You are free to say what you will but it does not prove anything about my Jingoist leanings as you seem to think. I said there is a difference between political spying and intellectual theft. If you don't understand the difference you need to study the two. Do you deny China engages in intellectual theft not for political gain but simply for money, to be able to duplicate some gadget invented in some western country, not just the US. Chinese government engages in intellectual theft of every western country in the world.

If you think otherwise, show your supporting evidence, otherwise stop with the ad hominems.

You already said you would be ready to accept a Chinese communist world order, implied when you said your Mandarin is very good.

If you accept the idea of a world dominated by Chinese communist ideology, then just come out and say it. I don't care one way or the other, your opinion is yours and yours alone but don't hide your opinions otherwise we have to make our own assumptions not being telepathic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree