1. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 19:381 edit
    I saw this company and the video they made and the technology is incredible in my opinion.

I've always been a Metal guy 🤗

For those who don't like links it is basically a huge ocean floor vacuum that grabs small potato sized rocks from the ocean floor.

These small potato sized rocks are loaded with important metals that are needed for car batteries and many other things.

The video is well done by a company and not some guy doing a youtube video.

https://metals.co/
  2. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 20:15
    @contenchess said
    I saw this company and the video they made and the technology is incredible in my opinion.

For those who don't like links it is basically a huge ocean floor vacuum that grabs small potato sized rocks from the ocean floor.

These small potato sized rocks are loaded with important metals that are needed for car batteries and many othe ...[text shortened]...

Have you seen the movie "Don't look up"?

This idea sounds similar.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 22:16
    @wildgrass
    I missed that part of the movie, where in the movie was that reference?
    That movie kind of illustrates how stupid humans really are, like how we are responding to climate change and all that.
  4. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    12 Jan '22 01:151 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @wildgrass
    I missed that part of the movie, where in the movie was that reference?
    That movie kind of illustrates how stupid humans really are, like how we are responding to climate change and all that.
    What he said ⬆️

🤔 ?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 09:18
    @contenchess said

These small potato sized rocks are loaded with important metals that are needed for car batteries and many othe ...[text shortened]...

So manganese knolls are known since decades. There have been several attempts to harvest them and up to now it seems not to be feasible financialy.
    If prices rise further more expensive ways to get the materials are open...lets see what happens.
  6. Standard memberContenchess
    Contentious
    Moves
    13 Jan '22 09:42
    We could train dolphins to harvest them 🐬

No?

😉
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '22 23:13
    @Contenchess
    More like making giant vacuum cleaners running on the ocean floor sucking all that expensive magnesium up into a take up ship like we do with fish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree