1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 18:116 edits
    Trump seems at least starting to (partly) listening to the experts and at least seeing reality but he is still saying a few stupid things.
    One of those things is keep hinting he may around Easter Sunday tell people to start going back to work (i.e. including for non-essential types of work).
    The thing is, not even the EXPERTS, let alone a moron like him, can yet reliably predict whether there will be too many coronavirus cases on Easter Sunday to be able to start telling people to go back to work. Its just too early to say.
    So its pretty foolish of him to keep hinting it might be all right to start telling people to start going back to work at around Easter Sunday because it is too early to hint that.
    The way I see it, on that Easter Sunday, there are 3 possible outcomes, and I'm not sure which would be most likely but, here they are;

Outcome 1:
    On Easter Sunday the number of new coronavirus cases will drop sufficiently to make it safe enough to start telling everyone to go back to work.
    This is obviously the best possible outcome out of the 3 possible outcomes and the one I would wish despite, no doubt, Trump would then nauseatingly arogently delusionally believe (and possibly say so) that he was right all along and knew better than the experts when in fact his hinted prediction would prove right purely by coincidence rather than via any special insight by him and was right DESPITE being a moron, NOT because he was being clever.

Outcome 2:
    On Easter Sunday the number of new coronavirus cases will NOT drop sufficiently to make it safe enough to start telling everyone to go back to work and Trump listens to the experts and sees reality and backs down and says it is still too early for him to tell people to go back to work.
    This would be the second best possible outcome of the 3 possible outcomes.

Outcome 3:
    On Easter Sunday the number of new coronavirus cases will NOT drop sufficiently to make it safe enough to start telling everyone to go back to work and Trump does NOT listens to the experts nor sees reality and thus does NOT back down and thus DOES tell people to all go back to work on Easter Sunday.
    This would result in coronavirus cases soaring up again killing thousands of extra people who would have otherwise not have died.
    This obviously would be the very worst outcome of the 3 possible outcomes. But at least there would be the tiny but rather satisfying consolation that many of his current supporters may FINALLY see him for what he is.

That's the way I see it.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 18:46
    @humy said
    Trump seems at least starting to (partly) listening to the experts and at least seeing reality but he is still saying a few stupid things.
    One of those things is keep hinting he may around Easter Sunday tell people to start going back to work (i.e. including for non-essential types of work).
    The thing is, not even the EXPERTS, let alone a moron like him, can yet reliably predi ...[text shortened]... solation that many of his supports may FINALLY see him for what he is.

That's the way I see it.
    This probably belongs in debates. That notwithstanding, I think Easter Sunday is too early for the US. In individual States and Counties they can make that type of decision, but the US is still in the exponential growth phase and probably a week or so behind the UK. It's certainly too early in the UK, I don't think it requires a particularly sophisticated model to see that.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '20 18:583 edits
    @deepthought said
    I think Easter Sunday is too early for the US. In individual States and Counties they can make that type of decision, but the US is still in the exponential growth phase and probably a week or so behind the UK. It's certainly too early in the UK, I don't think it requires a particularly sophisticated model to see that.
    If that is all correct (and as its coming from you I think it probably would be) then I guess unfortunately we
    can near-enough rule out Outcome 1.
    That obviously just leaves Outcome 2 and 3.

ANYONE:
    Which outcome do you think is most likely?
    I guess this is really a question about Trump's psychology (or should I say 'psychiatry'?).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree