1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Nov '20 17:253 edits
    @metal-brain said
    The article was written by Guy Crittenden.
    who isn't a scientist and that link neither shows nor gives links to data or evidence supporting his obvious lies thus this is to any non-moron obviously fake news that fools no scientist or science expert here. Try again.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 00:28
    @humy said
    who isn't a scientist and that link neither shows nor gives links to data or evidence supporting his obvious lies thus this is to any non-moron obviously fake news that fools no scientist or science expert here. Try again.
    Lies? What lies?
    Let's start with his first claim.

"Don’t agree? Argue with the experts at OSHA, which is the main US agency, i.e., its Occupational Health & Safety Agency. These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods"

True or false?
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 07:381 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Lies? What lies?
    Let's start with his first claim.

"Don’t agree? Argue with the experts at OSHA, which is the main US agency, i.e., its Occupational Health & Safety Agency. These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods"
    I have yet to see any evidence that experts at OSHA say "These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods" or words of that effect.
    I have every reason to believe that is a lie.

Although neither of the two OSHA comments below directly say the contrary to that, they do hint OSHA would;

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3079/osha3079.html
    "...Users must not alter or remove the respirator even for a short time, even if it is uncomfortable..."
    -that's for respirator, not a face mask, but it would seem strangle inconsistent if they didn't say the same thing for face masks.

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
    "...PPE will have to be used repeatedly for a long period of time..."
    -it is difficult to interpret the exact meaning of the above assertion but that above assertion can be interpreted as suggesting the contrary of "These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods".

So, That makes me think he is probably just lying.
    This seems to be confirmed by;
    https://www.sabhlokcity.com/2020/10/some-unverified-info-on-masks-from-facebook/
    "...Some unverified info on masks from Facebook..."

And if you look down it lists his claim of OSHA saying "These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods" as being "UNVERIFIED". Strange that, don't you think?
    Sorry, obviously fake news that fools no scientist or science expert here. Try again.
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 09:133 edits
    [off-topic]
    Yesterday I would have put Trump's chances of winning the electron at 20% but today with the new count results I now put Trump's chances of winning the electron at just 2% and I expect those odds to likely keep dropping in the next two days.
    This is wonderful news for the US and wonderful news for the rest of the world only partly because soon we won't have an unpredictable deranged delusional trigger-happy moron that might one day hover his twitchy finger over the nuclear red button.
    [/off-topic]
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 10:566 edits
    [off-topic yet again] (Sorry, just couldn't resist)
    Just heard the wonderful breaking news that Biden is now leading in Georgia albeit by only a minute lead so it certainly still isn't absolutely certain but, nevertheless, and also taking into account all the other recent hopeful results, I now think Trump has a much less than 1% chance of winning. Perhaps a 0.2% chance of winning? What is your current personal feeling here of about what Trump's current tiny chance of winning is?
    [/off-topic yet again]
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 15:10
    @humy
    Biden also took a slim lead in PA, if he wins Pennsylvania, it's all over for the assswipe Trump.

But Nevada and Arizona are also looking to be in Biden's camp which may produce a near 300 electoral votes, and not even SCOTUS can contest that.

SO sorry ASSSWIPE TRUMP. I hope he goes peacefully, preferably in handcuffs but any way he goes is fine with me.

I just hope he doesn't fire up his ultrarightwingnut white supremacist buddies to start shooting wars.
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 16:217 edits
    @sonhouse
    yes, I also just got the news that Biden is now ahead in Pennsylvania and his lead is increasing and expected to keep increasing which realistic means, although it won't be officially over for Trump for some time, its already unofficially over for Trump as I would now give Trump something like only a totally pathetic ~0.00001% chance of winning which is not much more chance than what I would give to there being a god or gods or a flat-earth or a tooth fairy.
    Finally you should get a president that speaks coherent English and tells people to wear face masks as opposed to in effect tell them to be stupid.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 02:33
    @humy said
    I have yet to see any evidence that experts at OSHA say "These masks are meant to be worn only for short periods" or words of that effect.
    I have every reason to believe that is a lie.

Although neither of the two OSHA comments below directly say the contrary to that, they do hint OSHA would;

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3079/osha3079.html
    "...Users must not alte ...[text shortened]... 't you think?
    Sorry, obviously fake news that fools no scientist or science expert here. Try again.
    You are assuming again.

YouTube
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 07:55
    If you want good evidence that face masks and social distancing helps to slow the spread of the coronavirus, look no further than at the very obviously much higher incidence of infection among the anti-mask republican politicians that generally refuse to wear face masks in public compared to the democrat politicians that wear face masks; A huge difference that can only be explained one way.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 08:33
    @humy said
    If you want good evidence that face masks and social distancing helps to slow the spread of the coronavirus, look no further than at the very obviously much higher incidence of infection among the anti-mask republican politicians that generally refuse to wear face masks in public compared to the democrat politicians that wear face masks; A huge difference that can only be explained one way.
    Your entire statement is contrary to the scientific process. You also added social distancing which is not a subject of this thread. This thread is about face masks.

You explained something in two ways and then claimed it could only be explained in one way. FAIL!
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Nov '20 10:104 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Your entire statement is contrary to the scientific process.
    I take it that to you "contrary to the scientific process" means "contrary to layperson opinion of somebody that just happens to call himself metal-brain"
    You also added social distancing which is not a subject of this thread.
    Is there some rule or law that says it is naughty or wrong to expand a subject of a thread? Sorry! I can add whatever subject to a thread I like! If you don't like that, tough! I added social distancing because social distancing can also help slow the spread of the virus; To any non-moron here, that would seem like perfectly reasonable thing to do that wouldn't be considered inappropriate or outside what the rules of these threads would allow.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '20 00:27
    @humy said
    I take it that to you "contrary to the scientific process" means "contrary to layperson opinion of somebody that just happens to call himself metal-brain"
    You also added social distancing which is not a subject of this thread.
    Is there some rule or law that says it is naughty or wrong to expand a subject of a thread? Sorry! I can add whatever subject to a thr ...[text shortened]... do that wouldn't be considered inappropriate or outside what the rules of these threads would allow.
    I proved you wrong. I provided a link with OSHA experts stating what you falsely claimed was a lie. Did you even watch it?
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Nov '20 07:404 edits
    @metal-brain said
    I provided a link with OSHA experts stating what you falsely claimed was a lie.
    You didn't.

If that's what the OSHA experts are generally saying, why has the OSHA NOT publicly made an official warning to all people that wear face masks of the so-called 'dangers' of wearing a face mask and when they should STOP wearing them?
    -answer; its obviously a BS lie from right wing propaganda fake news outlets.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Nov '20 08:20
    @humy said
    You didn't.

If that's what the OSHA experts are generally saying, why has the OSHA NOT publicly made an official warning to all people that wear face masks of the so-called 'dangers' of wearing a face mask and when they should STOP wearing them?
    -answer; its obviously a BS lie from right wing propaganda fake news outlets.
    So Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan don't exist?
    LOL!!!!!

Are you claiming the video I posted of them are not those women talking? You didn't watch the video, did you? You are just making up BS lies because you were too lazy to watch them with your own eyes to see they exist. Isn't that right?

You have a real talent for embarrassing yourself. The video of Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan is there for anyone to see. The only lies are coming from you.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    08 Nov '20 08:48
    @metal-brain said
    So Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan don't exist?
    WOW what a stupid straw man of yours!
    Why don't you just give me the evidence that what Tammy Clark & Kristen Meghan say is representative of what OSHA experts are generally saying about the so-called 'dangers' of wearing face masks?
    -answer; You obviously have none to give. You fool nobody here.

Why haven't the OSHA NOT publicly made an official warning to all people that wear face masks of the so-called 'dangers' of wearing a face mask and when they should STOP wearing them?
    -answer; the claimed advice from OSHA of when not to wear face masks is obviously a BS lie from right wing propaganda fake news outlets.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree