1. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '21 22:271 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Which countries?
    we won't baby sit you. If you really want to know, which we all know you don't because you are just trolling, Look it up in the many studies yourself.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    06 Jan '21 23:37
    @humy said
    we won't baby sit you. If you really want to know, which we all know you don't because you are just trolling, Look it up in the many studies yourself.
    Not the Netherlands apparently.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '21 00:314 edits
    @metal-brain said
    Not the Netherlands apparently.
    I just looked into this and discovered you have scored your own goal yet again and here's why;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55143938
    "...The Netherlands has made it compulsory to wear a face mask in indoor public spaces in an effort to contain the spread of coronavirus.

The country is one of the last in Europe to introduce such a measure.
    The Netherlands has been one of the countries worst affected by Europe's second wave of Covid-19.
    ..."

The fact that Netherlands has been BOTH one of the countries worst effected by covid AND was one of the last in Europe to introduce compulsory face masks is, if evidence of anything, evidence that face masks make a difference as the most obvious explanation for that is that the later and greater delayed introduction of compulsory face masks caused Netherlands to be one of the worst covid-effected because of the greater period of time for faster spread of the virus before the compulsory face masks; Netherlands, if anything, shows masks help slow the spread.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '21 04:03
    @humy said
    I just looked into this and discovered you have scored your own goal yet again and here's why;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55143938
    "...The Netherlands has made it compulsory to wear a face mask in indoor public spaces in an effort to contain the spread of coronavirus.

The country is one of the last in Europe to introduce such a measure.
    The Nethe ...[text shortened]... virus before the compulsory face masks; Netherlands, if anything, shows masks help slow the spread.
    "The fact that Netherlands has been BOTH one of the countries worst effected by covid"

That is not a fact. They are 15th in C19 deaths in Europe.

When case numbers rise a politician has nothing to lose by mandating face masks if the public accepts them. However, if case numbers spike for any reason at all a politician risks being being blamed for not mandating masks by any opportunistic opponent.

It is simply less politically risky. It does not prove what you claim at all. I also pointed that out multiple times on this forum. You are a Johnny come lately.
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '21 07:441 edit
    @metal-brain said
    "The fact that Netherlands has been BOTH one of the countries worst effected by covid"

That is not a fact. They are 15th in C19 deaths in Europe.
    So now, after you said Netherlands is one of the worst hit by covid but than after I showed how Netherlands being hit more by covid than most other countries is actually evidence FOR masks slowing the spread because they made them mandatory LATER than most other countries thus giving the virus spread more of a head start, you backtrack by playing DOWN their death rate . Sorry! You fool nobody here! I have debunked your whole argument.

The rest of your post is irrelevant because of this.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '21 09:001 edit
    @humy said
    So now, after you said Netherlands is one of the worst hit by covid but than after I showed how Netherlands being hit more by covid than most other countries is actually evidence FOR masks slowing the spread because they made them mandatory LATER than most other countries thus giving the virus spread more of a head start, you backtrack by playing DOWN their death rate . Sorry! Y ...[text shortened]... y here! I have debunked your whole argument.

The rest of your post is irrelevant because of this.
    "So now, after you said Netherlands is one of the worst hit by covid"

Stop lying!
    I NEVER said that, YOU DID!
    I quoted you!
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    07 Jan '21 09:359 edits
    @metal-brain said
    "So now, after you said Netherlands is one of the worst hit by covid"

Stop lying!
    No lying intended and I should have been more precise in my wording and said I assume you "implied" it else I fail to see what's argument, but you often fail to make your exact and complete argument completely clear and explicit thus force us to make a guess of what exactly it is and thus you cannot blame us but rather only yourself when we guess wrong.
    So why did you keep mentioning Netherlands if you were NOT implying Netherlands is one of the worst hit by covid?
    If you claim Netherlands is NOT one of the worst hit by covid then you have no argument and Netherlands, if anything, appears to contradict your claim that face masks do NOT slow the spread.

-and that's not even to mention it is a statistical fact that Netherlands IS one of the worst hit by covid, which proves my point.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 21:30
    @humy said
    No lying intended and I should have been more precise in my wording and said I assume you "implied" it else I fail to see what's argument, but you often fail to make your exact and complete argument completely clear and explicit thus force us to make a guess of what exactly it is and thus you cannot blame us but rather only yourself when we guess wrong.
    So why did you keep ment ...[text shortened]... n it is a statistical fact that Netherlands IS one of the worst hit by covid, which proves my point.
    I told you the Netherlands was 15th several times. You know fully well they are nowhere close to #1.

If mandating masks was effective they would be in the top 5 and they are not even in the top 10. It appears face masks cause more harm than good based on that.
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    10 Jan '21 07:513 edits
    @metal-brain said

If mandating masks was effective they would be in the top 5 and they are not even in the top 10.
    No, because, as you well know I and others here pointed out but you are pretending to be too stupid to get it, face masks are not the ONLY factor effecting the rate of spread of the virus thus we wouldn't always expect a simple linear relationship between masks and spread across all countries without exceptions. There are likely to be a few exceptions. You fool nobody here.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '21 21:08
    @humy said
    No, because, as you well know I and others here pointed out but you are pretending to be too stupid to get it, face masks are not the ONLY factor effecting the rate of spread of the virus thus we wouldn't always expect a simple linear relationship between masks and spread across all countries without exceptions. There are likely to be a few exceptions. You fool nobody here.
    Then it is impossible to prove masks are effective except with randomized controlled trials just as I have been saying all along.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Jan '21 07:481 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Then it is impossible to prove masks are effective except with randomized controlled trials
    false.
    Using your exact same moronic logic; it is impossible to prove water is effective at distinguishing fire except with randomized controlled trials because water is not the ONLY thing that distinguishes fire.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Jan '21 00:47
    @humy said
    false.
    Using your exact same moronic logic; it is impossible to prove water is effective at distinguishing fire except with randomized controlled trials because water is not the ONLY thing that distinguishes fire.
    You are a moron
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '21 21:03
    @Metal-Brain
    So your buddy that used to be on your god king team, Dr Atlas is who you follow, let the chips fall where they may till they get mental immunity. And a couple million dead, but no big deal for you.
  14. Standard memberJinxDawson
    Rat Master
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 12:56
    Problems with masks: China makes most of them. China makes crappy stuff. China makes them and sells them to the world and yet the China Virus originated in China. China profitters from the suffering of others. As it always has. They laugh at the high numbers of deaths in the USA and Europe. Funny stuff for them.
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    03 Feb '21 13:404 edits
    @jinxdawson said
    Problems with masks: China makes most of them. China makes crappy stuff. China makes them and sells them to the world and yet the China Virus originated in China. China profitters from the suffering of others. As it always has. They laugh at the high numbers of deaths in the USA and Europe. Funny stuff for them.
    I am sure that there is much corruption in China and I would guess probably even more so than the huge corruption that exists in many other countries including in the US when Trump was president and that's saying a lot, but, "They laugh at the high numbers of deaths in the USA and Europe"? That's just unintelligent worthless BS anti-China propaganda. If you imply that masks made in China are on average not nearly as good as masks made elsewhere, show us a weblink explaining the evidence for that...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree